Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
out that my a6 motor has 9.0:1 forged pistons i was like what holy shit!!! they guy that i got the car from said the motor had 11:1 je's i didnt beleive him at all, well he was lying cause there 9:1 perfect for my turbo setup wooo hooo pics tomorrow its too late.......now i just need to buy another set of rods.sheesh first i had tunertoys rods sold them then had srp/eagle rods and sold them to my uncle now i need some eagles i may go with another set of TT's but since i just saved $400 on pistons i got some extra to work with. its too bad the idiot put them on stock rods.

btw just an update im gonna run the built block with the free hf/t25 setup i got just rebuilding the turbo and then in the winter im gonna upgrade the turbo and manifold.....also somewhere inbetween there a wet nitrous kit will be thrown in.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Check the rods in it! Who in their right mind puts forged pistons on stock rods??

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
You sure there 9.1?

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
dude, if that works out, that would be amazing!! awesome find!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
they look like 9:1's but its gonna be more compression cause im using a z6 head.

here is a pic, only cleaned one up a bit, there are def. forged though.

EDIT-also found a center force dual friction clutch.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Man I dont know, those dont look forged to me.. Let me search..

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
yea it looks like its having fun

no really a truck and 4cylinder pistons for low compression are a little different

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
they are forged just in the pic they dont really look like it but thy are trust me they def. arent 11:1 those are domed and the dish probablly isnt as great as your y8 piston because the a6 has a bigger combustion chamber so it needs less of a dish....the dish almost looks identical to stock a6 pistons and those are 9.2:1.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok i just checked what je sells for the a6 8.5:1, 9.5:1, 11.0:1, the 9.5:1 have a dome volume of -2.9 so im guessing those are them.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
singlecizam said:
here are some pics of mine, it's an A6 block with Z6 10.5:1's.......maybe it will help you figure it out?
yea that does actually help me rule out the 10.5:1's so im pretty positive there the 9.5:1's which should put me in the 10's in c/r with z6 head and hg.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts