Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys,i just bought a new PTE 5558 from Percision and the guy told me no restrictor needed with journal bearing turbo...so i was wondering if anybody here been running a Percision with or w/o any restrictor and has had any issues..i know my oil pressure is about 90 psi cold them warm is around 15ish...when you rev it..thx for any input ...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Well, the Seals are steel, contrary to popular belief.

And if your oil pressure is 90 PSI, and your boost is 20, it's only 70PSI

I know there is cheap restrictors on ebay that only restrict a little, (Not as much as needed for a BB)

If they said no, then I'd say no!

GL man

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok..kool...thats what i was thinking...i just wanted a lil input from somebody that has dealt with Percision turbos...thx for the help

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
B-series Destroyer
912 Posts
I think you should sell it to me.......just sayin.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
And if your oil pressure is 90 PSI, and your boost is 20, it's only 70PSI
excuse my ingnorance but how did you come to that? i think i am missing something

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
"The turbo's oil seals depend upon a positive air pressure inside the compressor and turbine to "push" the oil inside the bearing housing and keep oil from seeping into the outer housings. In an inlet restriction situation, the vacuum wants to "pull" the oil past the oil seals. Prolonged oil leakage into the compressor can lead to oil seal damage and excessive engine smoking."

Read

Cheers

·
Registered
662 Posts
"The turbo's oil seals depend upon a positive air pressure inside the compressor and turbine to "push" the oil inside the bearing housing and keep oil from seeping into the outer housings. In an inlet restriction situation, the vacuum wants to "pull" the oil past the oil seals. Prolonged oil leakage into the compressor can lead to oil seal damage and excessive engine smoking."

Read

Cheers
Good read, but how about the 90,20,70 thing?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Push 90 to the left, and push 20 to the right, the seal would act as if it only had 70 to the left.
Unless you can crush steel with 90 psi..

·
Registered
852 Posts
Using a -3an feed with no restrictor on my Garrett journal bearing.

I've read about people using -4an and having smoking issues, but I have no personal experience.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Same, I would recommend staying with -3an.

Think about how big the oil holes are on the crank and those see tons of load.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts