Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine selling his precision pt6265 turbo($400) dual ball bearing. Was wondering if it was worth getting? Im build my d16 viatra setup with some zex cam. Thanks all comment welcome.

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
A buddy of mine selling his precision pt6265 turbo($400) dual ball bearing. Was wondering if it was worth getting? Im build my d16 viatra setup with some zex cam. Thanks all comment welcome.

If its a legit 6265, that the bearings arent toasted, and the blades one the inducer/exducer havent scraped on any of the housings it could be worth it.

However, is it used heavily, or old? I mean, thats REALLY cheap...and it will be SLEEEEEEPPPYY!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I no it really cheap...there nothing wrong with the turbo.he gave me a ride in his gst then took it off.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
On a Vitara motor? Have fun spoolin it....

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Yeah am prteey sure it uhh 82.ar and 70 in the compress housing. It a t3/t4
that turbo is much to big for your goal. you can get a much better turbo that will do much better then that for 400whp.

My goal is at least 400hp if I can.also got a ramhorn setup.
On a Vitara motor? Have fun spoolin it....
my vitara spooled a 6262 pretty decent. same size housings. and a top mount just better have a build head to take it high or you will be lagging like a mo fo.
that turbo is good for the top end power. dont exspect to see power till 5500 rpms. get a smaller turbo such as a borg warner 57 trim. will see boost much much sooner and make the power you want

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
You sure its a REAL PTE 6285?

What flange is on it?
it real why do i have to post a pics? im wondering if i should get it for my setup.
Yeah am prteey sure it uhh 82.ar and 70 in the compress housing. It a t3/t4
Pics help out alot. In this case it will also help us to help you figure out which turbo your looking @

but, if you dont have supporting mods for it its gonna hurt you more than it will help to have that big of a turbo.

Like mentioned above a borg warner(bullseye) 50/57 trim(i have the 57 its good for 450), the 57 will spool better than the big ass turbo your looking @, and still meet your goals, the 50 will spool better than the 57 and flow about the same amount of air.

·
Registered
431 Posts
PTE 6265 seems a tad too big for a vitara build, 6262 is usually the norm, imo you would be much more efficient with a 50/57 trim garrett/borg and also get to 400 HP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts