Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
not a wanksta
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yeah i know this has been covered a million times but i cant get one thing straight. i am removeing the power steering pump but keeping the rack... these are the two basic ways of doing it;

*drain a bit of fluid and loop the line
*re-hook up the reservoir or use a breather

my question is simple;
*of these two ways, which of is EASIER to turn the steering wheel?

PLEASE REPLY IF YOU HAVE TRIED THIS, WE ALL HAVE A FRIEND WHO HEARD FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOW SOMEONE WHO DID IT .... IVE SEEN IT POSTED BUT IM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE DONE THIS. THANKS

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have only done it the one way, looping the lines together, but I would think that having the fluid just sitting there, no matter how it is done, would be about the same.
If the fluid is not being pumped, then either way would be about the same.

BTW...you only really notice it at very low speeds/at a stop.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
swap the rack, only takes like 30 minutes.

edit:

before you start spouting off...

PLEASE REPLY IF YOU HAVE TRIED THIS, WE ALL HAVE A FRIEND WHO HEARD FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOW SOMEONE WHO DID IT .... IVE SEEN IT POSTED BUT IM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE DONE THIS. THANKS

-I know.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
looping the rack works good.... but if u can afford it, I would suggest swapping the rack out sue to the fact it is actually easier to manage than the looped ver.

W

·
0 Posts
i just keep reserv. there with fluid and left lines connect and cap other on to pump off. my car feels fine.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i have a question also..sorry to the OP for doing this..but i have a sensor or so connected to the on of the PS line..would it matter if i remove this or not? also to the OP i was reading some of my old mag there there was a writing out removing the PS that u need to drain the fluid by turning the streeing wheel left to rite while letting the line drain into a pan to clear out the fluid thats left in the rack??..hope this help...also sorry for all the bad spelling..i'm bad and i know it.

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts
i know the ef's didnt have p/s so

·
not a wanksta
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gaowee said:
there was a writing out removing the PS that u need to drain the fluid by turning the streeing wheel left to rite while letting the line drain into a pan to clear out the fluid thats left in the rack.
yup, that's what they say... btw guys, i'm removeing the ps and a/c tomorrow. i will be replaceing the pulley with an unorthodox racing pulley that has a belt spot for only the alternator. it excludes the ps and a/ci'll let you guys know how much different the car feels...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts