Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Let's Go Oakland!
99 EX - 13 EX
4,222 Posts
call me out fucktard your the one thinking of removing your rubber you fucking dumb shit cock breath dildo sniffing piece of trash. grow a brain you epic failure im tyring to help you before you fuck up you stupid fuck. And i have done it you fucking moron...

FUCK HONDA TECH AND FUCK YOU

holy shit that was great... I had to re-read it liek twice to make sure i got the full effect.

thx I was tryin to relax b4 crashing... lol

·
Registered
999 Posts
i have the prothane mounts too.... you insert them in the old rubber bushings....

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
It's the stock 94-95 Z6 mount. You have to remove the rubber from it to install the Prothane ones.

Give the guy a break, he knows what he's talking about.

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
yes i openly admit i am wrong. i did my research more and yes you do remove the rubber on that one mount in order to get the insert in there properly.

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
yes i openly admit i am wrong. i did my research more and yes you do remove the rubber on that one mount in order to get the insert in there properly.
Well at least SOMEONE'S man enough to admit it. :TU: Wonder where Mr. HT is....

Probably too busy coming up with more incoherent insults like "fucking dumb shit cock breath dildo sniffing piece of trash" to actually do anything useful :roll: Hell, anyone can string obscenities together, but just pulling a grab bag doesn't always work. :|

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
Well at least SOMEONE'S man enough to admit it. :TU: Wonder where Mr. HT is....

Probably too busy coming up with more incoherent insults like "fucking dumb shit cock breath dildo sniffing piece of trash" to actually do anything useful :roll: Hell, anyone can string obscenities together, but just pulling a grab bag doesn't always work. :|
I cant be on here all day I was on 2nd shift... And yes I too am wrong...
I just didnt like the fact the he brought up banning me. Fuck that Ive had more then a few good contributions to the site. were all wrong at one point or another. I still think the thread starter is an asshole and can go fuck himself.
I jumped the gun and thought of the inserts that i had. After looking around at some of the inserts he is using it still seems a simple install to me burn out the old, yes burn them out. grind out the remaining shit to make smooth. Press the new in after you have them in the exact place you want them and if it were me i may put a few tacks of weld around them after that to feel safe. good luck with what looks to be a solid mount with the illusion of poly surrounding it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I just didnt like the fact the he brought up banning me.

I asked a legit question. You answered it like an asshole. And now you look like one. We dont care what you like or how you feel, if you do not know the answer then shut the fuck up. noob. Why do you feel it is neccessary to attack the OP even though you have no idea what your talking about? If you consider posts like this to be "contributions" to this community then you should be banned..

After looking around at some of the inserts he is using it still seems a simple install to me burn out the old, yes burn them out. grind out the remaining shit to make smooth. Press the new in after you have them in the exact place you want them and if it were me i may put a few tacks of weld around them after that to feel safe.
Perfect example of what i'm talking about.
burn rubber? press fit? tack weld?

:bigrofl:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Burn, ie, throw it in a fire until all the rubber has melted out. Common method of removing old bushings.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I used a sledge hammer to remove the rubber. and a dremel to remove the inner ring. slides right in. This mount was more easier to install than the rear inserts. They should of all came like that :done:

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
Seriously go fuck yourself... I dont know who your trying to speak for. Your one person. There's no we about it... There is only you.

Im not a noob. Just because i dont run the same inserts as you doesnt make me a noob.

You can talk your shit and run your mouth on the computer screen all you want. Id let you get about 3 words out of your cocky mouth before i broke your eye socket if i were to talk to you on the street.

Since your such a genious why did you have to post this thread... Whats your superior way of install?

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
I used a sledge hammer to remove the rubber. and a dremel to remove the inner ring. slides right in. This mount was more easier to install than the rear inserts. They should of all came like that :done:
since you seemed to have found the info yourself your level of intellect must be far superior to that of normal human beings. i commend you for giving me the 2nd neg rep ive ever received. if they slide right in then wtf stops them from moving inside the mount? magic?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm sorry that I used the search function to discover this post lol.

'95 Civic EX coupe D16Z6

I had a torn factory left upper mount so I figured I'd go with the Prothane 8-501 inserts.

Seemed simple enough, press out the old and press in the new but the absolute bitch is that there are two steel sleeves that need to removed as well, not just the rubber part. A 3" holesaw with my shop press pushed the rubber out but only moved the inner sleeve about 1/4". I found something else that improved on that and now the inner sleeve is about halfway out but I have no hope pressing out the outer steel sleeve, am thinking to throw it in the oven to expand the aluminum casting.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
grab a hacksaw, unhook blade, push into mount, re-hook blade to handle, saw a groove across sleeve. Do 2 grooves for easier removal.

Props for using the search function.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yup, I gave up 2+ hours into what I expected to be a 30 minute job that I didn't really HAVE TO do today and hit it with it a Sawzall to get the outer sleeve. I made my cut at the thickest point of the aluminum mount, popped right out on its own.

I did groove the casting a bit but filed away the sharp edges that would be stress risers.

The inserts popped right in with some 303 Aerospace Protectant for lube. The kit came with a "street" and "race" center insert. I used the street part.

I'll post pics later.

Thanks mattliston for the tip, feel better that I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fwiw, here are the instructions, which are accurate except that I pressed out the rubber portion and ended up with two steel sleeves but it took a bit to figure it out, needed a magnet to confirm that there was still a sleeve left.

I found it best to place one of the outer inserts on the work bench and set the casting on it so that I could see the UP arrow that is molded into the hidden side of the outer inserts, then push down on the casting to seat the insert.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts