Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my crower cam(stg 2 n/a) and bought a kenji chipped p28 , now I know that its not tuned for this specific engine but he did a great job , the motor idles nice,drives very smooth . Im going to hold off on beating on it till I break the cam in a bit, but I just wanted to give my thanx to him for putting out a good product.

BTW-for those who have never drove a d-series w/ the crower stg.2 , your missing out!!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
brake in is 15 min at 2500rpm idling, then after 250 miles oil and filter change. shouldnt be to long. Im geting same cam next summer along with a proper tune lol, how you like it? what are high/low points of it? and what about mpg?

PS:Happy new year!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did break it in at initial start up simular to what u mentioned, It wouldnt idle at first but once it warmed up and I held it at 2500-3000 rpms for about 20-30 min. all was good. I did a full blown overhaul on the engine so I was having to monitor alot of things besides the cam break in. As far as good and bad points to this cam, there is no bad unless you dont like your idle pulsing a bit, Its pretty nasty sounding once it warms up. I can feel a nice increase in power right from 2k up. Just make sure you get the ti-retainers and springs . I got an Edelbrock cam gear and its so sweet looking and it uses a 5 bolt locking hub so theirs no chance for slippage.When u get ready to buy it check out

www.tunerschoice.com , thats where I got mine and they were very good w/ price , shipping etc...($635.00 for all of the above). Take your time when putting the valve springs in b/c the keepers are going to make u wanna put your head through your windshield.....LOL

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pork said:
nice setup man
Thanx man, I just cant decide what to do next,(Edelbrock Intake manifold,higher compression,port the head , ????
I am taking it to Jotech motorsports in Dallas saturday for a couple pulls on the dyno!!! always a blast...

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
transzex said:
OG Hybrider Kenji..........

Been a long path I've taken with this hobby :)

Thats what Ive heard, He does great buisness(shipping , communication,etc..)
How long have u been into tuning hondas transex? I will take my honda tuning magazine to my grave !

W

·
0 Posts
/\ like your whole set=up reminds me of what i was gonna do to my car, until boost takes your life. lol

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whatthehell1051 said:
/\ like your whole set=up reminds me of what i was gonna do to my car, until boost takes your life. lol

Boost will make u lose sleep!! I once was a turbo ninJa , lol , and I loved every minute of it. Its a great way to make humongous PoWer from a torqueless engine. I will prolly own another turbo honda one day but for now I want to try to build a reliable N/A sohc that can produce 150-160 whp . When I do go turbo again , Im going all out !!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts