Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 cx
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 civic with the rear disk conversion, and integra front brake conversion. Which proportioning valve do I need? I know the 40/40 one is for disk/disk but what years will fit. can i use one from a 90-93 integra? Or do I need one from a 94 up integra? how about one from a crx, they have the smaller front brakes (I think ) so that would probably not be a good idea.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I don't think it matters, but your probebly better off getting one from a `94+ jsut to be safe.

·
Registered
92 cx
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 94+ is what i have been looking for, just no luck. The 90-93 ones i can find, just not sure if it bolts up without bending or making new brake lines.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I didn't change my valve and it works fine try it and if it feels soft then swap it out. I have one out of a 98 spec ITR, only because that is what my master is out of.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
I didn't change my valve and it works fine try it and if it feels soft then swap it out. I have one out of a 98 spec ITR, only because that is what my master is out of.
:shocked: I want to see pictures of that...

In your NON ABS Civic, you'll need a 40-40 prop valve...
ITR and 99-00 SI will not work as they are for ABS. They aren't even close to similar. I have the ITR M/C and 5lug, but I could not use the Prop valve (which is in a box in my garage so it's not like I didn't try)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
yea I got a 40/40 out of 92 integra I belive, its definetly not gona bolt up w/o bending lines...

·
Registered
92 cx
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys. I have been looking at some nice engine bays with hidden proportioning valves and they do look nice. so i guess if I get one that I have to bend the lines or make new ones I will hide it. but at the same time it is nice to just bolt one on.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
thanks guys. I have been looking at some nice engine bays with hidden proportioning valves and they do look nice. so i guess if I get one that I have to bend the lines or make new ones I will hide it. but at the same time it is nice to just bolt one on.
hiding sounds simple enough but its a serius pain in the ass. its hours of work, even with the engine out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
depends

I have a 92 civic with the rear disk conversion, and integra front brake conversion. Which proportioning valve do I need? I know the 40/40 one is for disk/disk but what years will fit.
Yah on 10.2" calipers and rear disks, Honda uses the 40/40 valve. That's the one you need. My guess is you should upgrade the master cylinder / booster too .. unless you like using more effort.

·
Registered
41 Posts
:shocked: I want to see pictures of that...

In your NON ABS Civic, you'll need a 40-40 prop valve...
ITR and 99-00 SI will not work as they are for ABS. They aren't even close to similar. I have the ITR M/C and 5lug, but I could not use the Prop valve (which is in a box in my garage so it's not like I didn't try)
What I was saying is that I left my prop. valve alone, I did not change it out.
I also switched to a 98 spec Master. It fits fine but be prepared for it to stick out about 3/4 of an inch farther because of the tandum diaphram booster.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Got a ??, If i was to do a rear disk conversion on my 95 ex coupe, Do I need a 40/40 valve too?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts