Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
3,003 Posts
Well this is D-series. But ill be nice about it. I seen a few civic with a DSM motor but i dont know anything involved in the swap.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said, I know it's the wrong thread ;) But someone here might have suggestions, or at least suggestions for the right thread to look for :)

If it was a bad idea to post here, sorry, mods feel free to delete the post, sorry to waist your time guys...

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
3,003 Posts
logoutzero said:
Like I said, I know it's the wrong thread ;) But someone here might have suggestions, or at least suggestions for the right thread to look for :)

If it was a bad idea to post here, sorry, mods feel free to delete the post, sorry to waist your time guys...
Its all cool man. Let me see wut i can do for you.

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
3,003 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's it supposed to be?

Edit::
Reading that it has a 5 Speed Talon tranny swap, makes me think it's supposed to be a Turbo Talon in a Civic? Bleh, nice find? LOL
::tidE

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
3,003 Posts
civic with dsm motor. Cant u see it? Ill post a picture

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Anything you can do I can do better..." comes to mind ~ to the seller of that car, lol.

I think it may require alot of custom fabbing and engineering, but the physical fitment of the motor/trans shouldn't be much more than that.

The problem I am seeing, is management and tuning...

The solution I think I see, is the MegaSquirt ECU, basically a standalone that is fully hand built and programmed, controlling the ENTIRE car... Yeah, not just fuel and such.. but blinkers, blah blah, the entire car...

There's a HUUUGE open-source support thing that comes along with it, and I have a friend that's pretty fluent in the thing, it's just a question of whether he's up for it or not.

That entire getup runs off of a Wideband O2, from what I understand.

The only other solution that I see possible, is some sort of aftermarket or the Evo version of chipped and uber/crome to run the car. I think the standalone will be better, if we can figure out all the programming associated with it.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
why not get the original ecu and harness for the engine? Then all you have to do is figure out how to wire it to your gauge cluster. The speedometer might be the hardest to deal with... possibly the tach as well. But there are always ways to change simple electronic signals to what you need... (the signals are simple timed pulses) It would be a major project when you involve custom fitting the engine and getting axles that work with the transmission and your hubs.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, the management issue won't be as hard as I think, either complete standalone or figure out how to the origonal system. Sounds good to me.

However, I'm still trying to work out on paper how to get the power to the pavement...

The entire Evo line is AWD from what I have found so far online, and so far the www.evolutionm.net board seems to only cover BOV's and aftermarket intakes, then reflash.. >_< There are two routes I think I can take the CRX, either spend years and $X to get the CRX rockin a AWD line somehow, or use one of the earlier generation turbo transmissions from the FWD Talon/Eclipse line. I think the second is going to be the better idea, but this is still open for suggestions.

Of course, if anyone has a good forum for me to visit, feel free to say at any time, best I could find was the EvoM board, and they cover pretty much the same 3 topics ALL DAY. Thanks.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also, if anyone can shed some light on the whole transmission/driveline topic, that would be great. I can't figure out if the AWD/FWD is further down the driveline after the transmission, or if the transmission is involved, and I don't have one to go out and look at either.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll try to get in touch with him sometime.

I'mma try to go today and check out the motor and tranny, see if I can't work out a buy now, pay later kinda thing, I'm soo ready to start trying.

I know this is a D-Series forum, but if anyone's interested, I will keep this thread updated.

Otherwise, sorry for wasting the time/webspace. Thanks for those who have discussed it with me.

:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts