Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
#projecthondarod mid engine scratch built roadster
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... I recently finished up a build and always have been referencing here, so figured I'd make a profile and join the fun!
My car? Mid engine custom scratch built hot rod, d15b, d17 transmission. Aka : ProjectHondarod!
Glad to be here

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of it's on my IG @greyduckcustoms.
I started with a del sol, cut the front clip off, then mated it to some 1937 ford frame rails. From there some 2x2 tubing, lots of fiberglass and a ton of one off bits.. she's a riot. Weighs in at just over 2000lb

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,611 Posts
why did you go d15b and not a d16? why d17 trans and not a shorter geared z6/y8?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why did you go d15b and not a d16? why d17 trans and not a shorter geared z6/y8?
The donor del sol had the d15b and since it is a prototype build, I saw no need to put anything else in. I couldn't blow the whole car budget on the engine. Since it is del sol based I can swap whenever now the car is done..
As far as the transmission- I needed a cable shifting/hydro setup because the engine is in the rear, so it was much easier to fabricate the shift stuff.. this trans has the 3.4 first and it scoots out plenty good for now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, That's a lot of work! Nice job, it looks amazing!
Thank you! Its been a dream for a long time and still surreal to be cruising it around. Sure is causing some double takes with people saying "Honda?????" Lololol.. fun city!

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Cool build. ANy serious plans motorwise in teh future?

I have a set of ITB's, intake flange,and a customharness to run an OBD1 ecu that need a cool whip to go into!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool build. ANy serious plans motorwise in teh future?

I have a set of ITB's, intake flange,and a customharness to run an OBD1 ecu that need a cool whip to go into!

It would be fun to hop it up some! It doesn't need too much more. I'm thinking turbo noises would be the sweet ticket tho!

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
DSM T25 would make it run pretty good. Build the block, have some serious fun.

Streetrod projects are supposed to be ridiculous!

Reactions: robgoof
1 - 15 of 15 Posts