Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm keeping a build thread on another forum, which cannot be shared outside our group, fight club rules. That said I will try to share (copy and paste my posts) to here....lets get started....

Throwback to my big hair days of being a huge Great White fan, even choosing the song "Mista Bone" as my internet nickname.

Reflecting back to by 1993 Honda Civic DX HB, I was "Once Bitten" and got started in autocross in 1996. Ended up winning 1998 points in my local SCCA DSP class, second in the sister club. My friend Jeff in his 1984 "Wabbit" GTi took second in local SCCA, 1st in the sister club, it was much fun.

1999, SCCA reclassed my car to CSP mid season and no way I could be competitive.....so in 2020 I'm "...Twice Shy" getting back into this. While I did autox the 1989 CRX I purchased through here, I only did two events. They were fun, but old rock hard HoHo's and no budget for new rubber, I didn't try.

So the lineage of SBX members ownership, also so I can find the links later!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Delivery Day from Rich H, I called friends to help unload as there were many spares from previous owners. I only called on one friend, but he brought two others....whom which I bought lunch for.

Step 1, has to go full Tipple and on the jack stands. I only did this because I wanted to put the street steelies on and not have the car sit out with rare SSR wheels on it.

12 of the lug nuts were fine. The 4 on the RF, well they were not fun. Three came off screaming and the fourth, last one....it said fuck you! It pushed the stud back out of the hub and then everything just spun. Fuck, this is like a Spec Miata at Mid Ohio thing, not gonna cut up the wheel!

I was tired from all this, pounded a few beers in celebration except for that damn last lug nut!!!!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That last damn fucking lug nut.....

I tried to not damage the wheel, but knew it would likely happen. It's now known as the bastard wheel.

By loosening the other three lug nuts I was able to rock the wheel to mostly pull the stud back into place. I could get a gap then between the wheel and hub to use a pry bar to get the stud further into it's original position.

Slice and dice, you can see the rust from moisture....argh!

A few dings from the air chisel jumping away, dang it!

Used a drill to get towards the seat cone, hoping the nut would release....it didn't, fucker!

Once the seat cone of the lug nut released, it wedged it self between the stud and the wheel....so much hate, but I did win.

This is where I stopped as it started to rain. I will cut the stud as close as possible to the hub and hope I can push it out the other side for now. I do need to order proper lug nuts for the steelies.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, those are JDM "Speed Star" SSR Type-C's I hated to damage one but they weren't perfect, it's a race car!

Also, weird karma happenings afoot.

The 1989 car number 74 will stay as my son was born on 7-4-89.

While I napped on the couch to NASCAR race after spending 1.5 hours on lug nut issue, I woke up with 4 laps to go, car #4 was leading and won the race, back to napping, weird.

Finally get up after a total of four hours of napping (I'm too old and fat for this race car thing!) I go out for the night to do some Pokemon things. I had recently changed the 6 CD's loaded into the Dodge head unit.

CD #4, Great White's Latest and Greatest CD, the 4th song started playing....which is "Once Bitten, Twice Shy"

Latest & Greatest - Wikipedia

Ok this is REALLY getting weird!!!! Good Karma I guess?

I dunno but it's a bit freaky!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts