Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
project *turbo Z6*

this is my 1991 crx dx. i originally bought this car for a LS swap. i got the car for $500 with title but didnt run. i started stressin over the price of a good B series swap , ETC. i sold the LS swap and ending up getting a D15b7 for FREE! after alot of thinkin i decided to turbocharge the motor with parts im currently piecing together. so far i have

brand new braced OBX turbo mani, t25/t28,and downpipe(set at 8.5 psi)-$350revhard intercooler and turboxs type Rfl-$200
PM6 ecu and and the resistor box side of the engine harness-Free

another thing that surprised me, was the price for MPFI conversion at the local speed shop. fuckin $450. so i did it myslef.took me for ever to sit down and really take in what i was doing. seemed so hard at first but once i just sat down and did it and went pretty smooth. heres everything

2 days,3 write ups, and 4 red bulls later i finally did it. i finished the MPFI wiring late last night,and a few other things over the weekend.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
im not using the center console anymore but i want to keep the lighter for later use for something like a WideBand O2 so i relocated it to the fuse box cover right below the steering wheel. also mounted and wired my shift light. dont really need the shift light but it was brand new and only cost me $25, just need to get a 7K pill

heres the last. got my hands on these over the weekend. injectors out of an Intrepid V6. i plan to use these when im runnin the turbo, im not sure how much they flow though. anyone know where i could find out?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heres the motor and the turbo assembly.

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
3,003 Posts
looking good. Keep us posted on the outcome. That should be a quick little machine once your done

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im going to run open down pipe, not my everyday car. hoping for around 170 hp with just the msd btm. no other tuning till i save up a but of cash. im really thinkin this is just a play around motor, pretty much disposable. this is my first turbo car so im learning with this motor. im young and dumb, so this is going to get a beating everytime im drivin. once i get this the way i wont it and im runnin some mid-low 13's im plannin for a built Y7 and either OBD0 and turboedit or OBD1 and crome

·
Registered
102 Posts
nice to see another b7 boost setup ...

i'm currently workin on one for my hathc ...

15G turbo setup ( 9 lbs. )
Skunk2 Intake Mani
A6 CaM / Y7 Camgear
Crome Tuned

hoping for 175 / 160 ...

we shall see ...

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
good job on figuring out the wiring by learning how to do it:TU: you seem like a smart guy why not learn how to use the free tuning programs that are out there too and bee a lot safer than that BTM. also if you found those injectors at a junkyard you might wanna see if they have something better. like maybe some 440s from a early Supra or DSM. :beer:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what kinda of tuning can be done with messing with the ECU? timing, adjustable cam gear, A/F ratio? lookin to run an aftermarket Cam, probably a Crower, Comp, etc. but i dont wont to mess with the ecu just yet.

oh, and thanks for the feedback. ill keep you updated

·
Registered
352 Posts
Performance Freaks EG said:
what kinda of tuning can be done with messing with the ECU? timing, adjustable cam gear, A/F ratio? lookin to run an aftermarket Cam, probably a Crower, Comp, etc. but i dont wont to mess with the ecu just yet.

oh, and thanks for the feedback. ill keep you updated
For tuning
alot of people seem to suggest uberdata or crome

I am still looking into both of these

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
finished the wiring i wanted to do and put most of the interior back in. gonna try to get the tranny out tomorrow and then put everything back in together

*bonus* JDM Bithces

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my first attempt at body work. there was rust on the rear 1/4 panel, the hood was all rusty and dented, and the rear wiper had been fiberglass but it was all lumpy so i smothed it out. i still need to get some fine grit paper and smooth and try to shape the 1/4 panel. heres everything i used
80 grit sand paper-free
rustoleum aluminum color paint-free
body filler/bondo-$8
i wish i had before and after pics but i can find any orignals and i was thinkin at the time

just got a new hood

hopefully within the next couple weeks this car will be all Flat Black. sprayed with a gun and ghetto booth

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im gonna go ahead and buy some of the little$ stuff ill need. just a few ?'s first. d15b7, what head gasket should i go with, getting ARP studs. have anyone of you used a JDM d15 crank and d16 rods in your b7. does this help alot power wise?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts