Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
look above
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have officially been forced to turn a project into a daily. Some stupid political crap happened at work and I lost my company truck for a while. I've had that for years so I've never been in a rush or need to have a daily. I have lots of projects with grand plans for each but usually they go on the back burner because if rather hang out with my kids. Anyway, about two years ago I traded an s10 with front end damage for a e.g. Coupe with a rod knock. I picked up a y7 really cheap and was just going to swap it and sell the car for a quick buck. Well I swapped the motor and cleaned it all up just for the new y7 to have a knock as well. Every since the car has just sat in my driveway waiting for me to get motivated. Now my hand is forced, so I decided instead of it being a quick swap to get it going I'm bumming rides and using my wife's mini van when she doesn't have anywhere to go. I've always like the shaved and tucked look so I'm taking my time and going for something along those lines. Here is where I am at with it so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
945 Posts
if that's what it will take to get this honda back into operation.

what's going to move this metal ?

·
Registered
look above
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll post pictures later on when I get off of work. But I am throwing in a motor I had in my other civic that I'm currently turning into a truck. lol I have a thread open for that I'm calling my el civino lol. But since I wanna take my time on the fabrication on that project, that's why I'm swapping the motor to this one. It's a d16a6 bottom end bored for 75.5 vitaras and eagle rods. Freshly remanufactured head for now until I can build one to handle more boost. T3/t4 turbo, huge Godspeed innercooler, greddy bov, tial wastegate, I have a log manifold for now but I'll fab up a ramhorn, full 3" exhaust, skunk 2 intake manifold, moates demon chipped ecu, I can't remember anything else. A long time ago when that was a fresh build it ran 11.7 but it's been ran hard and then sat out for a while. We will see what she does after it's all put back together.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Looking good man. In to see how this turns out.

·
Registered
look above
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I'm going to be out of town for about a week. But before I leave I got a few goodies. Figured I'd post them. Here's the new aluminum half radiator with a slim fan, and a pic of the old damn near gone clutch and my new one. I've seen mixed reviews on the xtd clutchs but it's so cheap I decided it was worth a try. It's a stage 5 4 puck unsprung. It'll kinda suck for a daily but it'll be awesome for when I want to use it how it's supposed to be used lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
worst clutch ever. I've had hit or miss results with the stage 4 and less, but the 5 is a total failure. I bought one and put it in and the car wouldn't disengage. called xtd and they said about 25% of the stage 5's were doing that. returned for warranty and took 6 months to get my money back. had to file a PayPal claim and won. bought a comp stage 5 and never looked back

·
Registered
look above
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I'm hoping I get lucky. Might as well try it. They do have the warranty. Worse comes to worse I'll swap it out for something better.

·
Registered
look above
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I know it's been a few days but here's a little update. Finally had some time tonight to do a little work to the bay. Not a whole lot mind you, did more beer drinking then anything lol. Here's before and after. Obviously there's still a lot to do.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts