Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 88'crx si with a Singlecam Si Vtec. I plan to go turbo I would like to know where i should start I already have AEM cam gears,DC Sporta Headers And a AEM Cold air. I was going to buy a turbo from ebay and buy a Port and Polished head and after a while upgrade the turbo! Please give me some idea's!!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nasty1racer said:
I have a 88'crx si with a Singlecam Si Vtec. I plan to go turbo I would like to know where i should start I already have AEM cam gears,DC Sporta Headers And a AEM Cold air. I was going to buy a turbo from ebay and buy a Port and Polished head and after a while upgrade the turbo! Please give me some idea's!!

I'll buy your extra cam gear and header if it's cheap since you have two of each.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow well that is really open ended, first off what are your power goals and will the block stay stock or is it stock currently? I would stay away from the ebay turbo kits unless its a drag or other reputable kit (not ssauto/xspower/vecco). Also have you converted to obd-1? That'll make tuning much easier and give you more and better tuning options.

I would suggest if you are staying with a stock block, build the kit yourself its a great learning experience and then you get exactly what you want.

once we get some more info we probably could help you a little more

·
Registered
4,585 Posts

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
i can certainly attest to this^^^. research is definitely your friend.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Why not

Why shoundn't I get a turbo kit from ssauto/xspower/vecco?There the cheapest and plus all i really want is the components from it cause eventually after i biuld my head and block and deal wit my fuel management i gon upgrade my turbo!! So whats wrong wit ssauto/xspower/vecco TURBOS!!!? And I want as much power from my car as long as i can stay steet legal! Right now the fastest single cam where i live is doing 10 sec. on the quater mile is a supercharged crx and i want to be doing the same and better!! And he is street legal!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nasty1racer said:
Why shoundn't I get a turbo kit from ssauto/xspower/vecco?There the cheapest and plus all i really want is the components from it cause eventually after i biuld my head and block and deal wit my fuel management i gon upgrade my turbo!! So whats wrong wit ssauto/xspower/vecco TURBOS!!!? And I want as much power from my car as long as i can stay steet legal! Right now the fastest single cam where i live is doing 10 sec. on the quater mile is a supercharged crx and i want to be doing the same and better!! And he is street legal!!!
10 seconds, singlecam, and supercharched shouldnt be used in the same sentence as street legal. I'd have to see some proof sir

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
Nasty1racer said:
Why shoundn't I get a turbo kit from ssauto/xspower/vecco?There the cheapest and plus all i really want is the components from it cause eventually after i biuld my head and block and deal wit my fuel management i gon upgrade my turbo!! So whats wrong wit ssauto/xspower/vecco TURBOS!!!?
do a google search for ssauto or xspower and you will see. the mani/DP are made of super thin metal that cracks after little time at all, the flanges are normally warped to shit, and the customer service sucks.

the turbos have a similar history, compressor housing cracking and splitting in half, oil seals leaking within 50 miles, getting excessive shaftplay with little use.

seriously, read around a little bit about the company and you will see

·
Registered
371 Posts
ryan89crx said:
there are requirements to sell, please do not encourage people to break the rules

http://www.d-series.org/forums/announcement.php?f=23
I think he was making a joke out the plurality of his mods. Headers and Cam gears, not trying to buy.;)

nasty1racer said:
The SOHC supercharged CRX is not doing 10 second quarters, 10 second eighths maybe, but no way is he pulling 10 second quarters.

SSauto is crap. Nothing fits, everything is very poor quality, and do you know what happens when a part of a turbo setup goes wrong? Lots of other things go wrong too! You don't have a clue what you're doing, you do realize that your header will not be used on a turbo setup correct? You need to take a lot of time and a lot of money to make a good turbo setup, and most of all, you need a lot of knowhow and research under your belt. Without it, you're pretty much fucked.

I'd suggest researching a long time before you actually start building a setup.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
SovXietday said:
I think he was making a joke out the plurality of his mods. Headers and Cam gears, not trying to buy.;)
lol, when i opened the thread i totally skipped the first post because i saw something about selling in the second one, i didnt even read the first post until now, hahaha... :oops:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts