Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PROJECT POO POO
the under three thousand dollar, 40 mpg, salt beater and lovable car challenge.
got this beautiful beat down chassis on a solid STRAIGHT FIVE SPEED FRAME for 500.00 delivered to the shop. up, looking back i got ripped off. lol. i thought that this would be simple build, i thought it would be easy. literally every damn bolt on this piece of shit has had to be replaced or refurbished! FML but innocently enough, it all started good!
i had a D15B7 that i had rebuilt on the stand for almost two year before i decided to pull the trigger on a misfit hatch.

SHOUT OUT OT PSJONES FOR LETTING ME USE THE SHOP AND HELPING ME WRENCH THIS BITCH OUT. COULDNT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YA! WAIT TILL YOU SEE WHAT I GET NEXT.

well i decided to go the budget route as i wanted to create a gas efficient, hatch to shuttle from work and the ski slopes, so i got this.............................................................................

damn, what jack daniels induced inhibied state made me decide that this was a good idea....

shit, need to find a good image sharing site. photo bucket is charging and google images is a bust. an help would be appreciated.
thanks repo. ill correct his as soon as i can fins a good image host.

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
23 Posts
doesnt look too bad, give it a good clean, and hit the passenger door and guard with some matt black so that the car all blends into one colour and i suspect that will tidy it up quite nicely

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,251 Posts

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pu those balls back in order. I'm guessing you have a bearing stuck in the outer case as well??

P20/B000
the bearing literally fell apart when i leaned over to look at it, so i just had to sit down crack open a dragons milk and just chill out. i slept on it and came up with this to remove the bearing.

if it comes out ill finish the rebuild tonight.

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well just going to keep on pushing this thread through.
got the spindles complete and the trans back together.

goin to mate the trans and motor tomorrow and hopefully drop it all in. woot!

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Second gear looks to be a half gram heavy on the back end :)
fuck it!,send it, if it breaks ill send it to ya bone ,lol.

got it mated today.

decided to recycle an old 92 wiring harness and added in the map.
re-loomed and re-tapped, i'm crossing my fingers lol.

OH, SHOUT OUT OT NASTY CANASTA! I FINALLY PUT THAT VALVE COVER TO WORKK!

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lift cart?

yes sir!
dressed the motor on the stand and then attached the clutch assembly and trans on the cart. im getting older and the back likes to be pampered.

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
lets continue the shit show! lol
basically have gutted the entire suspension and replaced it all with factory style monroe, rebuilt the brakes, dropped the drive train in, new brake master cylinder, new clutch master cylinder, new clutch slave cylinder and replaced the axles. this cheap budget build has gotten out of hand but I'm in too deep now.

oh and i found out why the engine it came with leaned out and locked up. apparently at some point for some reason a wood screw was drilled into the gas tank and then removed. well upon first start, i wasn't getting any fuel to the motor. i eventually traced it back to the fuel pump and behold a stink bug clogged the hole where the filter sock goes. well, once that was removed the car starts right up, so i go to fill the tank up and park it. i wake up the next day and the tank had leaked where it was drilled and poorly patched. FML! new tank is on the way. Also, to top it all off i got the weird A6 cam that has the weird Y8 timing, so i cant get the ignition timing to dial in until i get an adjustable cam gear and get it mechanically timed. F-CKING PROJECTS.

however the car looks so much better now that its got proper suspension.

the motor and trans is healthy. i have a video but my iphones microphone cuts out after like three seconds and has the horrible buzz. ill try and get one after i get adjustable cam gear in. oh, and the dx trans that was attached to the locked motor doesn't have any input shaft play, so fingers crossed i hope i get in the transmission and harvest some goodies.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts