Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 40 of 705 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
in my garage is an engine, that have the same problem. is the head damaged?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
civic90ex said:
Good choice on the brake setup :)

I want to upgrade my '91 LX to the EX spindles/brakes setup. Having owned an EX before, I must say, I really miss the power of those brakes
:werd: thanks, reason I ended up using them is because these hf brakes sux for braking and had it for a year or so and was getting tired of it.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
eg4 said:
in my garage is an engine, that have the same problem. is the head damaged?
Well my vtec head is still in good condition after i took it off to see if anything was damaged but its not. Your best bet is to take it off and find out. :smile:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
turboprelude95 said:
Well my vtec head is still in good condition after i took it off to see if anything was damaged but its not. Your best bet is to take it off and find out. :smile:
my vtec head was also ok

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Damn that does suck but glad that you had another motor to throw in there...Hope next time there is a bad rain you don't go down the same road that messed up your motor...
Thanks for sharing all the good pics...Good luck w/ the head work and all...

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
update

hey d-series, since last time i posted i went through 2 mini-me's, the d16a6 minime blew up due to oil pump messing up sorry no pics, and the d15b8 minime piston rings was shot in the beginning and lasted 2 weeks of taking it 8200 rpm with the obd0-obd1 conversion running uberdata gsr maps. After the 2 dead minime's i decided on getting the jdm zc vtec. id must admit that the zc pulled harder stock than my z6. After a few months of daily driving and ripping hard it started becoming slow, so i decided to boost it.

setup
hf mani- free
bmc race adapter plate-$50
dsm 450cc inj-$50
s13 t25 turbo-free
blitz bov-free
oil lines-$25 home depot style
pvc chage pipng-$30
Pvc black paint-$5
lsd motorsports 6 puck sprung street disc clutch-$275 shipped
sunpro boost gauge-$15
chipped p05 ecu with uberdata with untune basemap-$25
evo 8 front mount-$100

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
thanks for the support guys , the evo 8 intercooler has this very long bracket that sticks out and had to be cut. But I pinded the intercooler with the little side brackets in front of the rad. As far as the pvc charge pipe it is holding the 8 psi
very good but i haven't taking it far yet due to it being untuned.

21 - 40 of 705 Posts