Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got another turd!
its a Del Slow S with good paint and rust free chassis. its been riced the FUCK out! i also have another Del sol SI automatic/5 speed converted with the cancer and frame damage. the goal is to turn two del slows into one nice del slow.

pics of the new turd.

eh exhaust flanges are over rated!

some beautiful welds. lmfo!

so how do you get two del sols into a small space?
you stack them!

old busted y8/b7 mini me, attached to a busted ass dx shit box.

somethings missing?

well thee it is the new project turd! it does have a solid frame and chassis it is just missing everything else, literally a three page list of stuff!

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got into the new project car and discovered the entire wiring harness has been cut and pasted to "hide" the fuse box. why does this always happen to me. now ive got to tear down the red one completly for the cabin and motor harness. WTF!
on a good note psjones13 and i laid it the F down! two motors on the ground start to finish in three hours! like a boss!

so we drained the oil out of the busted dx trans from the new shell and i know the transmission oil isnt supposed to look like this, geez; its like they used "used" motor oil for the transmission. i mean ive destroyed transmissions and the oil still looked better than that when drained. SMH, WTF!

ill have more next week still alot of work ahead.

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hit it hard again in the double swap chop shop!

so, ebay coil overs may seem like a good idea at the time but it destroys suspension, bushings and basically everything it touches. for the love of god just dont put them on your car.
neat del sol s-si fact the si has a sway bar on the front sub frame as the s does not.

KYB and stock springs.

spare SI harness ive been hoarding. finally got to use this.

i never got to post a pic of this but its the plate i made for my auto/five speed conversion, which the whole conversion kit will be posted for sale soon!

did a complete rear disc conversion with the proper e-brake.

its bitter sweet having to tear down another car so another can be nice. sad when you have to say good bye to the first car you intentionally blew a motor in.ill miss that POS red del sol. well this week we made a complete better than stock suspension, inspected/rebuilt the brakes, finished tearing down old del slow :( and combed the under carriage of new car for flaws. ill post more next week thanks every one for looking.

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
dang,
cant believe its been two weeks since i've posted. man, these sixty hour weeks are getting to me. that's the price you pay when your personal race car gets sick, and needs 2k worth of head work.... poor Rexy.

so: as far as, project de-rice. the car is finally gutted and its pretty nasty, who knows how much love juice and diet coke found its way to the bottom of this thing....

needless to say cola and bodily fluids cant hold up to a pressure washer and BLUE WOLF! then, went over it all with denatured alcohol just to get the little bit of oil that was left, sanded and cleaned again.

now its rhino time!!!

it was surprising how good the application of rhino liner looked after it dried so i just kept layering it on. the results look amazing! im very pleased with how this has turned out, so, much so, that im going to do the engine bay and trunk the same way.
also, if youre this deep into a del taco, and have the back glass out there are two drains in the windows trough, remember to clean them because all kinds of stuff gets caught in them and water sits and rusts. blah blah blah.

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got a bit more done.
like the liner so much it now covers the engine bay.

its starting to look like a car again. got the unmolested perfect factory harness back in, and the air bags wired back up. have to be ridiculously delicate with those air bag sensors! im still going to test the system with the air bag unhooked; it would be my luck to get this bitch finished and the air bag takes me out! haha!

i cant figure out why honda engineered teh f-ing pedals to be impossible to install and uninstall in these cars but i got them back in!

a bit more lining and the motor should be ready to go back in next week and the rest of the interior. thats the goal but ill be happy with half, haha im lazy!

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice work with everything so far, I'm impressed with all the attention to detail and doing it right.
hey, thanks man.
im trying to keep this rust free chassis as happy and protected as i can. i figure in another ten years these old hondas might be accepted as classics lol, but i figure im dreaming.
rep to you good sir! never mind must spread rep... :(
can someone rep this man for me?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Black paint would look like crap, rhino lining looks dope as fuk though. Need to get this CB900C cafe bike out of my way so I can get my civic back in the garage. Nice job so far, I am impressed at the level of work youre taking on and completing too.

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Black paint would look like crap, rhino lining looks dope as fuk though. Need to get this CB900C cafe bike out of my way so I can get my civic back in the garage. Nice job so far, I am impressed at the level of work youre taking on and completing too.
thanks, this is the most work the shops has taken on as far as a restoration. means alot that some of the members i came in with are liking the work. appreciate it guys!

well i waited until the bay dried and got some pics. im gonna be short winded tonight because i worked twelve at work and hit the gym for 3 so im toast. lol. i managed to sneak out and take a few pics though.

i know y'all are gonna flame me on the brake lines but to be honest they were already painted black when i got the car so F- it.

i have to say im really happy with the results so far. cant wait to really start slamming this thing back together.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
I want to rhino line my car, hows the smell and the spray? how hard is it to remove from places you don't want it?

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I want to rhino line my car, hows the smell and the spray? how hard is it to remove from places you don't want it?
its very easy to apply, rather thick so over spray isn't much of an issue. since its supposed to be applied thick i didn't care about runs in areas that wouldn't be seen.

as far as the smell its kinda like a latex house paint with a little aerosol mixed in. not to bad, but i use a half mask HEPA respirator when applying any paint or aerosol product and eye protection. i know its overkill but ive gotten chemical pneumonia a couple of times and that stuff is no joke. you can get the mask at lowes with cartridges for 40.00 bucks. worth every penny. unrelated fact! it also removes any Oder so puke no problem and shit no biggie. lol

i had a couple of accidents and as long as you catch them early it peels off like rubber. if it is a little late a touch of denatured alcohol does the trick. i haven't let it sit on anything that wasn't supposed to be painted for more than an hour, so that is my limited opinion.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Wonder the weight difference, is? Probably negligible for a street car.

You got me all sorts of thinking. That looks really nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
rhino liner is heavy as hell, worked at a body shop that did rhino liner on beds and other stuff for a dodge dealership and its no joke I sprayed my work boots with it and u couldn't even fell a hammer hit your toe

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rhino liner is heavy as hell, worked at a body shop that did rhino liner on beds and other stuff for a dodge dealership and its no joke I sprayed my work boots with it and u couldn't even fell a hammer hit your toe

EH, Del sols are already heavier than hell so this is just a drop in the bucket. this car is a daily beater and i need durability and functionality more than performance for this application. plus they came with a z6 @ 127hp and i've got a D16zc @ 130 no A/C and no power steering; it'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i never finished theis thread, damn guys alot of shit went down overthe past three years and i just havent felt like being too social. however lets not shit on the past it only stinks.
i finished the damn car....... kinda

and then the ex and i went our seperate ways and i never say the car again.
that is the end to project: ole blue....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts