1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car: JDM 1984 CRX Ballade Sports
The engine: JDM D16A3 Integra motor
Boost: HKS Supercharger

after a little bit of mucking around to try and get the mounts off... i finally managed to free the engine and get it out of the bay. As you can see from the pics its super dirty in some places. The engine number stamp was so gunked up and covered it took a few good wipes to get it visible... lots and lots of cleaning both of the engine and engine bay ahead of me...

Hoist hooked up...

up up and away.... *go engine go*

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dirty engine bay

dirty motor...

its confirmed... a D16A3 teg motor

more to come tomorrow as the work continues

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Cool:TU:

·
Registered
320 Posts
i say this on JDMcivic...

this build has had me looking again for a 86/87 civic Si hatch.... casue they look super cool and no body does anything with them round here... and there is something sexy bout there goofy looks

awesome build out up the older pictures the ones without the body pieces

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
popped the gbox off it today, very very dirty inside too - both front and rear crank seals were leaking so that explains that..
im having to find a key now to undo the clutch kit and also new bolts to mount the engine on the stand... ones I bought earlier were incorrect.

this is whats going onto this D

HXDrager97: did you see my redpepper gallery for this car?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good luck with the project, looking good. How many psi you planning on running?
just stock 6-7psi. What ever the stock pulley puts out. Im not doing a massive build or anything, just a clean and charge. this should give me another 50hp hopefully but i'll even be happy with 30hp LOL. the extra HP is a bonus.

another little update.... friend came over today, and without his help i wouldn't have got the flywheel off the engine. needed massive muscle power to undo the bolts and hold the motor at thesame time... yes, they were locktited in :p but we got the flywheel off and got the engine onto the stand... i have some work to do now :)

here's some new pics...

absolutely FILTHY!!!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
popped the gbox off it today, very very dirty inside too - both front and rear crank seals were leaking so that explains that..
im having to find a key now to undo the clutch kit and also new bolts to mount the engine on the stand... ones I bought earlier were incorrect.

this is whats going onto this D

HXDrager97: did you see my redpepper gallery for this car?
no, I saw this on I think jdmcivic I think but I'm going to go look now sent rep your way love the Rex looks awesome

·
Registered
320 Posts
more...??? is there more??? i want to see more.... but the whole build from when you got the car and now!!!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts