Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently running D16Z6 with a block guard boosting at 1 bar with stock internals . making 218whp . hoping to hit 400bhp soon ( maybe 1.7 bar ) . Will be getting fabricated mugen guard . And looking for eagle rods / forged pistons now . what i need to know is do i need a forged crank also ? what else should i get

running a VF22 with TD05 Bearing . Tuned with E-Manage

·
Registered
780 Posts
your crank will be fine... i met a kid a couple days ago running 23psi on his Z6 with a stock crank- rest of the internals were forged stuff though...

hmmm... mechanically i cant think of anything else you'd really NEED to run that much boost-
whats your fuel system and ignition system setup? thats all i can really think of that might need to be upgraded- and oh yeah- 2.5 bar or 3 bar MAP sensor... but you've probably already got one... lol

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ignition is stock dizzy with NGK cables . planning to get a G sport coil . injectors are 390cc . fuel pump is 255 L p/hr bosch i think . got that map sensor for the e-manage already .

actually 300whp will be enough for me . im afraid i wont be able to drive it around properly . lol

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone knows this tunertoys d16z6 h beam rods . they claim it suits up to 600-700bhp for turbo appliucations . its pretty damn cheap $225 . compared to say crower at like $700+ . any idea if they are good ? planing to get some if get good feedback .

S

·
0 Posts
i was actually looking into those tunertoys rods and from what i've read they will fit right in the block without notching them like you would have to with the eagles someone correct if im wrong or saying it wrong but im still reading stuff up on them.

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
they are supposedly identical to eagle rods, but i wouldnt take em too high.

ur gonna need more than greddy e-manage to run 300whp.....

u will also need better than 390cc injectors....

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
If the rods are forged (which they are) and they are the same (which I've read they are) then there is no reason that they can't handle the same amount of power. I work in construction and It's like saying don't buy a steel beam from steel fabricator "a" rather than steel fabricator "b" just because fabricator "a" is cheaper even though they buy steel from the same mill.

The only discrepency (sp?) which I am unsure of are the rod bolts. Some people say that TT doesn't use ARP bolts and some say that they do. Also I've read that the rod bolt diameter may be different. But again this is just heresay. Just email them and ask.

·
Registered
924 Posts
BlackMoon said:
currently running D16Z6 with a block guard boosting at 1 bar with stock internals . making 218whp . hoping to hit 400bhp soon ( maybe 1.7 bar ) . Will be getting fabricated mugen guard . And looking for eagle rods / forged pistons now . what i need to know is do i need a forged crank also ? what else should i get

running a VF22 with TD05 Bearing . Tuned with E-Manage

If there is a after market crank availble then get it.

O

·
0 Posts
No you do not need an aftermarket crank the stockers have been proven to take well up to 1000 hp and more. the nly reason you change it is if your strokin it. (the engine not yourself :p )

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have a set of used crower rods, and forged je stock bore d16 pistons for sell if you want them. Even though eagle rods are cheaper, they look thicker, and where the end cap meats the rod you cant even see a line the machineing is so good.

O

·
0 Posts
crower are 4Xs the quality of eagles. and those rods can handle more than 700+ hp.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
ok 300whp then at least :p . i found this offer for US$300 + 50 for shipping for Eagle H beam rods good to 900hp . find some proper forged pistons then im off more boost !

hey saw this Eagle ACL bearings for $110 . Should i get that ? will it help ? ive blown an engine before due to rod bearing

O

·
0 Posts
Endyn rollerwaves are great for your prokect and will aid in keeping detonatino away on pump fuel so you can usually run 1-2 extra lbs over others.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts