Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Progress Technology Progress Technology: Anti-roll bars, sport springs, coil-overs, camber kits and more since 1995!

I bought the Progress CS-II coilovers

I ordered at 2:00 am and it shipped at 3:00 that day. Awesome

Customer service was great I put the wrong numbers for my springs when I ordered from their website and I called them and it was fixed with no problem and I got the right springs in the box.

They sell moslty suspension products like swaybars, coilovers, endlinks, springs.

I will rate my experience at Excellent.

I did tons of research before I bought these for my hatch, I went with 350 spring rates in the front and rear. I couldn't be happier with the 600 I spent on suspension. Great instructions and made here in the United States.

·
Premium Member
89 CRX Si
1,041 Posts
So if I am reading this right, the Series 1 kits are about $1100 and the Series 2 kits are about $600. Neither kit provides for damping rate adjustments except that the series 1 kits are rebuildable.

Correct?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had them installed for about 3 weeks and I love them I will post some pics in just a little while. They are not adjustable which is fine by me because I was trying to stay under 600 dollars and wanted a quality strut for the daily driver and once in awhile track days and auto x's.

I will post some pics here in a minute.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lower that I would go. But looks great!
Thanks man the pictures actually make it look better than it is!! The paint is fading pretty bad and about 4 million hail dents lol. Thank you though, and the suspension made it look 100 times better.

·
Registered
852 Posts
How low do the rears go? Mine are almost maxxed right when the tire is flush, while the fronts could tuck tire and then some.

·
Registered
127 Posts
How low do the rears go? Mine are almost maxxed right when the tire is flush, while the fronts could tuck tire and then some.

With 350# springs and by the shock design, these are definitely not shocks to be slammed on. Progress pretty much says so in the description on their own page.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I know, I was just wondering if you have the same scenario where the rear perches are adjusted much lower than the front for an even ride height.

·
Registered
1991 honda civic dx
54 Posts
really? u got lucky last time i tried to buy from them they were on back order for their coilovers for over 6 months

what a waste of time that was
i went online to purchased them (2-6-12) and received an email the next day saying they were on back order till the end of march. i went ahead and canceled my order. so now im thinking about getting some functions...idk

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
i was interested in these for my new project CRX but i think ill just save the extra for PIC coils. i want something adjustable but decent review. pics of the coils out of the box would be nice!

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
i was interested in these for my new project CRX but i think ill just save the extra for PIC coils. i want something adjustable but decent review. pics of the coils out of the box would be nice!
i dont think you want adjustable. having a dampener tuned for the spring is a way better idea.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
so the PIC apex vs PIC select...the select have the 4 way adjustability. are you saying the matched set up on the apex is a better design and paying for adjustability isnt always the best idea?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
no im saying a progress shock is designed for the spring it comes with, and it should perform better than an adjustable setup like Megan, D2, Ksport, Junk2, etc...

this thread is about Progress products, right?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts