Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys I really hope that some of you guys are in a Manufacturing or production field/facility where you have to fallow SOP's and GMP's.

SOP = Standard Operating Procedure
GMP = Good Manufacture Practice

They are a lot of good jobs out there in manufacturing and production like for pharmaceutical companies that is a must to show sop, gmp.

Anybody mind sharing some light? I have heard of even courses that will give you like a class room/books experience type of knowledge for a fee of course but I was wondering if anybody works on any of the fields that involves what i just mention.

Thank you guys before hand!!

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Ok so for any jobs that you've worked. Did you have to follow any sop's or gmp's? Or are you needing to know specific to pharmaceutical's?

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
every job has SOPs and best practices, are they looking for experience WRITING SOPs or just following them?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they have to be from a place that manufactures things specially Food or drugs.

my first job was in a place call Murry's Steak, a manufacture of different foods. I believed the FDA has to have some guidelines for all food making factories, Some of them are probably common sense but I figure I ask here since we must have a few members on the production/manufacturing field.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
My work calls it sqp- standard quality procedure and qms- quality management system but do thet care about them, probably not since they only mention it once a year when the guys come to see if their following the guidelines.

Imo i dont think you need to know them to get hired since its kind of a job related thing, every different position has its own qms and sqp but it wouldnt hurt to have a general knowledge of it i guess

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I work in manufacturing, and deal with this type of stuff, but I am pretty new to it.

Still not sure what you are looking for, and our product lines are far from food or pharm. lol

·
Registered
650 Posts
I don't work in manufacturing, but my work (locomotive and passenger car maintenance mechanic) requires standard procedures for many operations, such as HVAC work, changing out engine power assemblies, troubleshooting electrical circuits, etc...

It exists in every field, somehow or another. If any of your work experience involves following procedures, and quality control/assurance, then I'd think that should be adequate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts