Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a chipped P75 ECU and 450cc injectors and the resistor box in my d16y7 turbo. The problem is that when the car is on idle, the AFR reads 19-20 and the idling jumps from 1000 rpms to 1500 constantly like if the car was on limp mode. Also, the CEL turns on. Can I check the CEL codes through the OBD2 connector even though I have a OBD1 ECU with an engine harness converter from obd2 to obd1?

Some issues/Information:

Car takes a while longer to start as usual
The ECU is setup for the 450cc injectors and running a basemap
Only when the car is running in boost is when the AFR reads rich and maintains
The FPR is currently at 60 psi when I had it before on 42-45 psi.
(Car wouldnt start until I raised the fuel pressure)
I already have a Walbro fuel pump installed

·
Registered
414 Posts
definitely sounds like a problem with the tune, ive had that happen when using different base codes, or not having certain things disabled.

youll get more help if you list what program your running; who, what its tuned on...

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The ECU is setup for the 450cc injectors and running a basemap
basemaps are ONLY for starting a vehicle to check for leaks and prep for a tune, NOT to be driven around. get the car tuned, there is no reason to raise your fuel pressure that high.

get the car tuned.

·
Registered
414 Posts
basemaps are ONLY for starting a vehicle to check for leaks and prep for a tune, NOT to be driven around. get the car tuned, there is no reason to raise your fuel pressure that high.

get the car tuned.
ahhhh yes i missed that.... theres your answer bud.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
there is a connector in the pass side by the ecu. It should be blue with 2 pins. Your have to jump that to get the check engine light to blink to tell u the code.
►►THE Check Engine Light (CEL) THREAD: HOW TO & CODES◄◄ - Honda-Tech

find that out then report back. and x2 on not driving on a base map. Also dont up the fuel psi because that will throw off the whole map.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, I will go get the car tuned but will check the CEL code and post the results here.
I actually thought that I could actually run the car with the basemap. Also, I got the ECU chipped and the basemap from Xenocron.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I have another problem, I located the service conector and inserted a loop connector with a paper clip but the CEL light does not falsh, it just stays on. Could it be that I am using a obd2 to a obd1 ecu converter? Is there another method to check the CEL codes?

Also, when I did the conversion from obd2 to obd1 I didnt make any changes to the IACV or the Distributor. I read somewhere that I had to covert the 3 wire plug into a two? and that the distributor either I could keep it or change it for a obd1 distributor? Am I missing something else? Knock sensor?

·
Registered
487 Posts
You can run a car with a basemap, just not recommended to go boost crazy. I've driven all my boosted cars on basemaps to get me to where I need to go. Sounds like your basemap isn't setup right. Check the CEL and find out what code it's throwing. And then if there is a local tuner, just tow the car there. If your car doesn't even want to idle correctly let alone even drive.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally no more CEL light, seems the problem was the IACV wiring. I had to convert from 3 wires to 2. I will see how it runs now and post results later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts