Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, I put in my new camshaft and the bolt holding the cam sprocket in place broke after a short run. the timing went completely to shit. I have no Idea how to reset the timing or where even to look. I did a few searches, but I am seriously frustrated already. Its a D16z6, stock. any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I had to put the old cam back into the car, I just need to know ho to fix the timing. anyone?

·
Registered
company truck
15 Posts
if everything is stock,(cam & gear) than there should be three lines ingraved in your cam gear. there will be one going straight up, one going to the left, and one going to the right...take the one in the middle of the other two, and point it straight up, and the other two in line with the top of cyllinder head...then on your crankshaft pully, you will have a line in it also. allign that line going straight up with the line in the cam gear...i would recomend a new timing belt since you got it apart...cheep to and worth the bucks...and for tightening your belt, there will be a bolt on the tensioner, turn it clockwise until u get the belt tight..

·
Registered
407 Posts

a helms manual will help greatly to figure out how to get TDC(top dead center). they are available for download on the net for free in PDF format. If you have to set timing from scratch i would recommend you pull out the cam, set the bottom to TDC and then put cam back in at TDC as well. once you get it all together, i would check valve lash for any signs of bent valves. then do a compression test.

m.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay, so for the past month I have been working at this timing problem, setting and resetting. I know the timing is good, I am getting gas, air and spark, but the car still will not crank. Any suggestions? Is there a Crank sensor on the d16z6? what else could it be?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts