Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm new here and looking for help. Ok heres the full scoop. I have a 93 Honda Civic, and it has a d15b7 in it. During the rebuild process we found out that the heads had burnt valves and some had some holes in them. So my buddy had what I believe was a d16y7 head laying around so we used that in the rebuild. Both are non-vtec, and Im not going for the minime swap. But after we got everything rebuilt, it started right up and sounded wonderful in idle and when we give it gas while it is in neutral. Few problems, there is a leak at the oil pump where apparently we didn't use enough sealant. But the bigger problem is when we took it out for a drive, when u go easy on it it seems ok, but when u give it about half-pedal its loses massive power almost sort of bogs out like it cant go any faster. Some people are telling me that it could be timing, or the tcp and map sensors are backwards, or the ECU is wrong cuz its my ecu for the d15 and I have a d16 head? Please guys offer me some advice, and suggestions. Id appreciate it and I appologize if I posted this in the wrong place, but I know peoplew on here got some good advice and knowledge cuz Ive been reading this forum long before I joined lol. Thanks in advance.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Ok so heres what you need to consider.

The cam indexing for TDC is different on D15 and D16 engines. How did you time the head and what cam gear did you use? Also to throw a wrench in there, the OBD2 and OBD1 cams use different cam gears with different indexing on top of that.

You probably got the combo wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts