Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
It's that time again
MAIN ONE IZ A CIVCSI
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so Pat(99EJ6T) and my boy Shawn put in my greddy kit in this weekend.
my problem is the blue box, i know i know i should jus get rid of it but for now its what i got so the box is throwing a code 11 which it for the map. if i reset it, it goes away till the next time i start the car(so i have to clear it again).
has anyone ever had this problem? and yes before you ask its hooked up right.

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
it worked flawlessly for me, great spool, didnt notice it running out of breath, only thing i changed was the vacuum source from the compressor housing the the manifold t vacuum source, which is where it makes true boost,

look up the thread by vtec duck. he used a helper spring to keep the wastegate closed so it made the true amount of boost 5.5 psi vs like 3 psi on the stock housing location.

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
im glad you got the kit homie, def. enjoy the shit out of it. i never got to tinker with it. its got plenty of boost to give =). some one just make i think 242 ttw, on 15psi on that 15g. thats what i had planned, look into greg fabbing an elbow for it, i know there is sooooo much restriction using that cast greddy elbow, gotta be 20hp in that garbage.

·
It's that time again
MAIN ONE IZ A CIVCSI
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im glad you got the kit homie, def. enjoy the shit out of it. i never got to tinker with it. its got plenty of boost to give =). some one just make i think 242 ttw, on 15psi on that 15g. thats what i had planned, look into greg fabbing an elbow for it, i know there is sooooo much restriction using that cast greddy elbow, gotta be 20hp in that garbage.
right on yeah i happy with it jus really want to know why its keeps throwin the code n only after i restart the car not while im drivin it.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
fuck. i never had a code for the map, only my vss cus my speedo cable was not hooked.
i didnt see a code for vss.. to be honest, the light blinks funny. two long and one short. but there was no code listed for 21. so we figured it was 11. and seeing as it goes away with a reset, pretty sure its just a map sensor issue.

what should the voltage output be at the ecu signal wire for the MAP?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
anyone have any ideas? i really would lik to see the box go away, but till he can smog it has to stay. the issue has gotten a little worse, as it will not really clear the code anymore.

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
Typical Readings: Sensor output voltage range is 0.5 to 4.5 volts.

Output voltages between 0.5 and 1.5 volts indicate a high vacuum (low pressure) situation, such as idle or deceleration.

Output voltages between 1.5 and 3.0 volts indicate a medium level of vacuum (pressure) such as a cruise or slight acceleration condition.

Output voltages between 3.0 and 4.5 volts indicate a low vacuum (high pressure) situation such as hard acceleration or a mechanical failure.

Any reading of 0 volts or over 4.5 volts indicates a problem.

NOTE: The following procedure tests the MAP sensor only.

Inspect the rubber nipple (fitting) from the MAP sensor to the throttle body. Repair as necessary. CAUTION: When testing the MAP sensor, be sure that the harness wires are not damaged by the test meter probes. Test the MAP sensor output voltage at the MAP sensor connector terminal B. With the ignition switch ON, and the engine OFF. Output voltage should be 4 to 5 volts. Test the MAP sensor output voltage at the MAP sensor connector terminal B at a hot, neutral idle speed condition. The voltage should drop to 1.5 to 2.1 volts. Test MAP sensor supply voltage at sensor connector terminal C with the ignition ON. The voltage should be approximately 5 volts (�O.5 V). As always, check the service manual for the proper procedures and specifications for your particular vehicle.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i will look at it again this weekend. i double and tripple checked the wiring for the online pdf file for the 92-95 kit. its exactly the way it should be.

however, J's car is canadian. no really, its from canada and re-titled to cali. EJ1 on the vin and OE Si sticker on the tail. maybe the wires are a little different. the other wires didnt have the correct color orientation when i was splicing it in. its all in the correct locations according to the pin outs.

i did do some work on his engine two weekends back. just a easy compression check and plug check. plugs are a little lean looking, but the car did idle for a second before he shut it off. and we all know hondas are really lean at idle. his compression was above 190 (iirc) and no more then 5% difference between them.

fuck it.. might just rip it out and slap my spare p28 and s200 w/ turbo options in. meh... just leave the wires all tucked up so it looks like the blue box is running things for them smog boys ;)..

side note: the code is either 21 or 11. 11 = map / 21 = 21 VTEC spool solenoid valve <- OE code. but dont know what 21 is. maybe its blinking the OE code? cant think of a reason why it would do that though. seeing as its barely reading anything off the stock ecu.. **shrug**

edit: thanks for the diagram cory. i will try that this weekend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts