Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
06 Lincoln Zephyr
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just put in a new Drivers side window regulator. The motor was fine but the teeth got chewed up so it wouldn't roll all the way up. Anyhow after putting the new one on the window goes up and down but it's stopping about a inch before being all the way down. Can't figure out why. Anyone have any idea's? I quadruple checked it and it's on the guides and everything seems fine. And when the window is down and you hit the button you can hear the motor still trying to pull it down further because it didn't reach the stop yet. Is there some kind of adjustment I am missing? I loosened all the bolts and rolled it up and down to see if it would make a diff. but nothing. Any input will help. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
correct ^, in future make new threads in proper sections.

OP, I would see if you have accidentally rolled over the rubber guide somewhere.

Take the door panel back off, loosen all the bolts slightly relating to regulator/motor/window tracks.

pop the speaker out, and have a look at window guide. make sure nothing is in it, and push it fully into the metal "spine"

then double the window motor life by regularly spraying silicone spray into the guides with the window fully down. like once every 3-6 months depending how hot or dirty your area gets

·
Registered
06 Lincoln Zephyr
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok.. sorry figured DIY forum would be for things im doing myself. I can't figure out how to delete this post. If someone can tell me how to do it I will delete it. Or if a mod reads this just delete it. Thanks

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,104 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts