Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i checked and didn't know what to search for anymore! wasn't getting the right information! i have an ex turbo with an fmu, 255 walbro, fpr gauge *no adj. fpr installed yet* and was boosting 6psi! at full boost the car was doing alright, but after when slowing down the car started going real slow and started losing power! when i got into my jobs parking lot, the car had a hard time to go in first, like it was gonna die and was real jerky! the idle was going up and down! i thought i blew my motor! so i went to work, left the car to sit and when i came back 9 hours later the car started! the car has been running fine but i turned the boost down to barely nothing! any ideas on what may have happened? could it be that i have so much fuel and the stock ignition can burn it all? any help? thanks

O

·
0 Posts
overheated pistons due to proper tuning and fueling thus expanding them. you coudl have damaged the cyclinder walls and pistons and rings. you'll know soon enough as it may start burning lots of oil. That's why we say proepr fuel manage is import before boosting. you didn't have the fmu installed right? just to make sure.

·
Registered
780 Posts
ryan89crx said:
Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning?

I think you mean VAFC :wink:
LMAO!!!

O

·
0 Posts
I still think he's running lean and heating ti up a lot, but it also could be the opposite. it coudl be flooding with fuel as well.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Mine bogs every once in a while when I first stop in a parking lot or at a light, and my afr meter will show a really rich mixture. Usually if it bogs while at a stop, it's because it's too rich. I'd suggest either buying or borrowing a wideband afr meter and see where you're at...it's been the best thing I've bought for my car yet...it's really helped me out with my tuning woes...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oscarmayer said:
I still think he's running lean and heating ti up a lot, but it also could be the opposite. it coudl be flooding with fuel as well.
i was thinking that this was it! because before while i just had the fmu, i could boost 6 psi easily! now with the walbro, the car did this! i think it was flooding! but selling the car so, turned the boost down to ALMOST NOTHING! car doesn't even see boost now! bye bye ex turbo and hello to cheaper eg fario........

O

·
0 Posts
then it's flooding , yea your need the FPR and it will be able to better controll pressure and keep you from going so high.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oscarmayer said:
then it's flooding , yea your need the FPR and it will be able to better controll pressure and keep you from going so high.
could i have damaged my motor or is it ok? since this incident i haven't really boosted, actually the car sees no boost, only vacuume! thanks for the help guys.....

O

·
0 Posts
ypu might want to consider foing a compression test and then a leak down test to ensure you didn;t "wash" the cyclinders out.

see what happens if you get way to much fuel in the cyclinders you can wash the oil from the cycliner walls that is left form the oil ring set thart helps keep the other rings proeprly sealed and from wearing out so fast and scaring the cyclinder up. if this is washsed away, then you will damage the motor as well.

compression and leakdione tests are a sure way to test to ensure everything is ok. it's also the only way to test w/o taking it all appart.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts