Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having a problem I hope you guys can help me solve...

I recently installed a D15B VTEC into my g/fs 95 Civic LX... All went fine... Shes been driving it about 3 months now no problems... Well lately she has been complaing that its "shifting funny"... And one day when leaving work she said she put it into reverse and it made a weird clunking noise (perhaps grinding Im not sure) and it wouldnt move... So she put it back in park, and back into rev and it drove fine... So when she got home, I went to check it out, and noticed the dip stick wasnt even in the hole all the way! So naturally fluid was all over the place... I go to grab the dip stick and low and behold, the damn thing looks like a shark took a bit into it! It was mangled... And she had to be back to her other job so I had to figure something out ASAP, even if it was a temp solution... So at the advice of her father (I honestly dont know much about auto trannies so I called him up) I cut off the mangled end (which I still have if you need pics to help with diagnosis) with my dremel and put the top back into the hole along with some fluid so no more would leak out... Well this was a few weeks ago, and I honestly neglected it until today she was complaing about it shifting funny again (its been fine since I did that)... So I took a peek and sure enough the damn dip stick was GONE!

So my question is, what could be causing this? Her father mentioned something about pressure and a release valve... But I honestly think whatever hit it before, hit it again even tho I cut off the bottom half of the dip stick...

Any help is appreciated...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
clogged vent line, blows out the dipstick instead........

just like a engine will........

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
K, thanks for the replies guys... So where are these vent lines and how do I unclog them?

Reading from my Helm, it could also be the Lockup control solenoids aswell correct? So should I follow the things listed to diagnose those (using an ohm meter)? I cant exactly figure out their purpose, so I could be way off...

·
Registered
32 Posts
wrong dip stick? Is it a factory and for that transmission. Manual trans. dipsticks are usally longer then autos. Also I would strain the atf fluid, does the fluild look dark? smell burnt etc..? While straining the fluid you want to look for any clutch particles etc.. sounds like regardless it has engagment problems. I would even check the shfiter link and make sure its adjusted properly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, its the factory dip stick... As for fluid, I think its all drained out from her driving it without a dip stick covering the hole... I peeked down in there and it looked bone dry... I looked for those vent lines, but I couldnt find them... :(
And the dip stick on my car (5 speed) is my pinky... lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I think I found the vent... Its that nipple on the top with a black cap on it? I took it off, and even the breather chamber, and blew in it with some compressed air... And put a temporary "cap" inside the dip stick hole... We'll see how it does... If it still blows out that way instead of the vent...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts