Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my a/c compressor doesnt not stay on, it cycles on and off. i get this mild sticky air coming out of my vents on hot days. i have no idea what to check for. has this happened to anybody? how do i go about solving this problem? my a/c was serviced by a shop 2 months ago which includes leak test, vac, new oil and new r134a. thanks in advance

·
Registered
196 Posts
dude wtf is up with civic ac's....im having the same problem and ive talked to quite a few people with the same problem...ive replaced the comp. switch, expansion valve, evap. therm., receiver drier, and some other junk and it still does it...the weird thing is yesterday it started blowin cold ass air...and today it stopped...i dont know if its the compressor or what...im tired of it though...my friends was doing the same thing, and he hit the compressor once with a hammer and it started working...havent seen him since..so dont know if this fixed it...iver heard about possible comp. clutches being dirty, too much oil, relays....dont know what the hell to do

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
drkgrncvc said:
dude wtf is up with civic ac's....im having the same problem and ive talked to quite a few people with the same problem...ive replaced the comp. switch, expansion valve, evap. therm., receiver drier, and some other junk and it still does it...the weird thing is yesterday it started blowin cold ass air...and today it stopped...i dont know if its the compressor or what...im tired of it though...my friends was doing the same thing, and he hit the compressor once with a hammer and it started working...havent seen him since..so dont know if this fixed it...iver heard about possible comp. clutches being dirty, too much oil, relays....dont know what the hell to do

what kind of hammer did your boy used? rubber malet or metal? fuck it. i'm going to try both. but seriously is it possible for a/c compressor to go bad like that? it only had about 90k miles on it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
sohc-gT said:
what kind of hammer did your boy used? rubber malet or metal? fuck it. i'm going to try both. but seriously is it possible for a/c compressor to go bad like that? it only had about 90k miles on it.

it was a metal one, he just hit the part of the compressor that was accessible from the front...and dude my car only has 85k on it and its doing it...and ive taken it in before, pressures are right on hi/lo side and everything...parts replaced and everything...i honestly want to shoot the cot damn thing sometimes...

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
a/c is for bitches!! i had to say that.. lol

anyway to help you with your question can you see if the compressor clutch is operating as normal? if you have a volt meter check to see the voltage goin to the compressor clutch.. if you see the voltage go away and the compressor stops then you can just start tracing back to see what it is.. it could be the switch like the guy above said.. a volt meter in the right hands will tell all!!!

good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts