Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1996 civic ex
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so here is the skinny guys. The other day I was backing out of my driveway and was in the process of rolling the windows down when my passenger side window stopped rolling down. So i stopped and pulled back in. I opened my door and tried to see if it would go up and down again and yey it worked. then i close my door, try to roll my window down and it wasn't working again, this time along with my driver side door speaker. Later that day my alarm system started acting weird as well. It would lock my doors and beep at me and do all that, but it wouldn't unlock my doors. Soo to make a long story short I looked at the pin out going into the driver side door to see if there was a loose wire or something... This is what I found..

My question is: Does anyone have a diagram for this so i can get this problem fixed? Any help/suggestions/advice is appreciated. If all else fails, i may just go to the pick and pull and chop one and wire it in. But, that is my last resort.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
holy moly! you're probably going to have to run some new wire through, match the colors, solder and heat shrink. do you have a rat infestation or something?

·
Registered
1996 civic ex
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cant believe i forgot to mention year and model... Its a 96 ex 2dr.

That's what I was wondering too bumpstick! I was just waiting for a rat to jump out and bite my face haha. I found a thread with a wiring diagram so i am going to give it a shot tomorrow. I was thinking of getting a new pinout from my local dealership because there are a bunch of connectors suck in my current one that i cant get out :(

This is the thread i found: Electrical Connector Pinout ASAP - ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum

·
Registered
98 Civic LX
175 Posts
I know aldata has the information, same thing happened to me. I went to a scrap yard and clipped a whole connector with about 8 inches of wires and just color matched it.

The service manual shows all the circuits individuality with no connector pin-out that i can find.

If color matching with a new connected. make sure you get the colors right. the green black and green are two i had switched. also there is a blue and blue yellow if i remember correctly. they can be hard to see sometimes.

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
I had a similar issue and ended up going to the pick and pull and getting one that was not broken. Both sides are known to do that so if one is doing it then the other isnt far behind. It really sucks to replace. I spent a couple afternoons doing one side one wire at a time..

edit: I forgot to mention that mine was a 96 ex 2dr as well.

·
Registered
1996 civic ex
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Oswald, and Bman for the input! Tomorrow I am going to go to the pick and pull to get one for each side. Because I would rather not deal with this issue again lol. It would sure beat going to the dealership and pay more money for a process that would be more complicated, and would only fix one side.

Ill post tomorrow with my success/failure!

·
Registered
1996 civic ex
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Opps! forgot about this thread. Well for anyone that may care, the problem is fixed! Thank you Bman for the insight, your technique worked great :D +1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts