Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys here is the problem. When I bought my car it came with an aftermarket alarm and only one transmitter. Now, the transmitter seems to be slowly dying. I have replaced the battery and such. Now just recently the main button broke off on the inside and is sort of floating around waiting to fall out. The next problem is I have no idea what type of alarm it is because any marking on the transmitter has been rubbed off. I would like to know if I could get a transmitter that can "learn" from the one I have and use that instead or should I just pack it in and pick up a new alarm? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Hey bud
I would suggest to go under your dash and pull down the brain....."black box" with bunch of wires in it ....you will know it when you see it ....
Give me the brand,make,model,ect
And i probley have a old key pad laying around...
Good luck
lmk

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
yeah ^^^^^ u gotta pull the brain down. there are no "universal" remotes. that would be awesome though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
^^^ exactly look for the brain, if you cannot easily find it look at the main ignition harness and follow the wires and then you will see the box. Look @ the brand and what not. Then google the brand, then if you do not have the manual you can look it up online typically all you need is a valet button to program a new remote.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys thanks for the info. Managed to find out that the remote I need is an Audiovox/Prestige APS 95 BT2. Anyone know where I can get one cheap? Other then ebay? Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts