Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me why my gas gauge doesn't work. i swap the dx gauge cluster for the ex cluster. now my gas gauge dosen't work but everything else does.

·
Registered
344 Posts
gas gauge

:rl: its probably a bad gauge cluster, i got the same problem, you cant fix that, the whole thing needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
someone may have pulled the needle off and put it back on with it in the wrong position. You can try plugging it in and (assuming you have a full tank) stick the needle back on in the full position. Then see if it goes down as you drive it. If not, it's broken

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
makku said:
someone may have pulled the needle off and put it back on with it in the wrong position. You can try plugging it in and (assuming you have a full tank) stick the needle back on in the full position. Then see if it goes down as you drive it. If not, it's broken
when i swap the cluster the gas needdle was on 1/4 tank. but when i plug it in it went up to full. i drove to GA from NY filled up at every 250 miles, 6.7-6.9 gallons of gas. it sucks but hey i didn't run out of gas and the needle didn't go down.. :sad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts