Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having run my new motor for 2k miles now. I think its time to start giving it some 7k revs on it. So today I went to give this nice high flow and it´s cuting at 5k like it would on 7k . Also sometimes it spuders. But I give it wot and it goes but some times its doesn´t, like it shakes and doesn´t want to go, like if it was runing out of gas. But then I turn the key off and on real quick and it run fine. I get no CEL . SO I dont know what the fizzle is wrong. I´m thinking it might be a fuel filter or a fuel pump. But the pum is only 8 months old. What the fizzle might this be?:uh:

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
No it´s a stock ecu, The injectors are bigger tho.
Thats your very problem! You didnt tune for those bigger injectors, your ecu is still sending the stock injector pulse timing to a larger injector. This will result in an overly rich situation. You need to chip your ecu and tune for those injectors.

·
Registered
159 Posts
you could always hook up a fuel pressure gauge and tape it to the windshield and run the car and see what pressure you have when it happens. i dont think it is your fuel pump though. im thinking about this one

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
what are your AFR's when it starts to fall on its face? how are you monitoring for knock?

is it turbo or NA?

i had the same problem when i first turbo'd my hatch, tryin to get away with low boost on stock injectors. the AFR's looked fine but it would fall on its face up top. thew some 450s in and never looked back.

·
Registered
596 Posts
i had that problem before but my was a non vtec engine and i was using a p2p ecu which was from a vtec engine i simply change my ecu to a p2e and it work great but i see ur car is obd1 so idk good luck tho

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is what I got.

It´s a 93 LSI EDM
It comes with the D15b2 with DPFI
Bored block
p29 pistons
pinned rods
everything one size over
reworked o.p
injectors were cleaned and busted open to flow about 15-20% more fuel

I´ll soon convert it to ob1 mpfi. I already got a p28 chipped. Just need the other stuff.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
its all in the tune my man. My B7 had been running for 6mos. on the same tune, then allof a sudden i couldnt get it to start. I popped in a spare chip i carry with me and it started right up. I'd go out and find a B7 mpfi setup and throw it on. That will clean up a lot of issues your having with the dual point crap.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts