Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, Ive got 2 P06 1720 boards that wont prime the pump when the key is switched on. Ive socketed them and converted to vtec per instructions on Xenocron.com including the RM11 1720 ECU Vtec Conversion kit instructions

These ecu's were tested in my obd1 94 del Sol. All my 11f0 boards Ive converted and socket function perfectly. And Ive used my know good chip/map. And even reflashed it once.

And Ive replaced C14 in each.

Any suggestions or Anything difficult about these boards?

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Thats a nice list. Ive covered everything except the IAB conversion.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Thanks, I got tired of reading long winded writeups and just condensed it into a simple checklist.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I got tired of reading long winded writeups and just condensed it into a simple checklist.
Nice. Ive got links saved to my bookmarks lol Xenocron has pretty decent write ups with pics. They show each type of common boards.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
Check the C14 cap (fat one) and the other can-style capacitors. If it it has ANY bit of gunk coming out of it or bulging of the top, it could be the cause.

IIRC there's also one transsitor near the connectors (opposite of the ZIF/chip slot area) that can burn out. Check all traces top & bottom around all small black transistors.

Here's a thread detailing the same issue: Chipped p28 - not priming fuel pump - Honda-Tech

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Check the C14 cap (fat one) and the other can-style capacitors. If it it has ANY bit of gunk coming out of it or bulging of the top, it could be the cause.

IIRC there's also one transsitor near the connectors (opposite of the ZIF/chip slot area) that can burn out. Check all traces top & bottom around all small black transistors.

Here's a thread detailing the same issue: Chipped p28 - not priming fuel pump - Honda-Tech
Ive replaced the C14 and tried again, no luck. The transistors are not burnt.

I may try replacing all the caps, but I dont believe thats the prob.

Im also goning to try this map on a new chip, just got a batch in. But it reports as a successful burn after flashing with the Burn2

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Yeah chip shouldn't be the issue.

I've had garbage chips but they all fail to verify when burning them.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im only using Crome free. I never seen a option like that, but I never looked lol I will go back thru the parameters and options thoroughly

I need to learn how to datalog with Crome. After I solve this issue.

I need to buy one of those simulators.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts