Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my problem

I have a d16y8 boosted,350whp,gt28 yada yada yada

My problem is that when driving with 5th gear on the highway for some time and lets say that i step off the gas pedal,the afr goes up to 10.0 for 5-10 sec until it goes back to lean again...that means that my the time i step off the pedal the injectors are still injecting fuel...i even can feel it,i mean you going downhill with 100mph,you step off the gas and you expect slowly to start slowing down...that doesnt happen until the injectors stop injecting fuel and when that happens i have flames coming off the exhaust and that means unburnt fuel plus the smell of gas...i have a p30 chipped ecu running crome and i never had a problem like that before with the same ecu,same map and everything!!!

What it can be???

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
possibly the tuner added fuel in your deceleration cells.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
is he able to do that?

I mean we will drive around and check it,but i dont think so that he could make a mistake like that!!!

I believe its something else!!!

The car is doing something weird tha last year.We took the car to retune it 2 months ago because the afr was becoming rich for NO reason! We put the emulator on the ecu we tuned the car for about 100 miles and the afr with the emulator on was 11.8-12 full throttle,14afr driving out of boost and 14.5-15 on idle.He save the map on a chip and since then the car is rich all over especially out of boost instead of 14afr is 13.2afr and idle is 12afr instead of 14.5-15afr...it looks like that it works perfect with the emulator but it doesnt work with the map saved to the chip.

Can it happen???

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
it could be a bad burn... which is why i dont like programs that use chips anymore lol.

or possibly the injectors are starting to stick open at somepoint... anything is possible

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what my tuner/friend told me.We will reburn the map on another chip and we will replace it just to be sure!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts