Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder how good are the Probe connecting rods.

I was about to buy a TT set (still waiting for the email) and I found those at JG Engine Dynamics..

JGE sell the Probe H-beam ~20$US cheaper than the TT H-beam.

I saw a member here running the Probe rods.. any feedback ?

My setup is based to push 300 wheel ponies, so I don't want to buy cheap rods.

What about the Eagles rods price ?

Thank you !

edit : Sorry for my bad english.. im not sure of what I said. :p

·
Registered
258 Posts
Can you post a link to where you found the Probes from JGE? I gave their site a quick look and could not find Probe connecting rods. All I found were Scats and the JGE brand.

We'll do our best to beat their published price...

Craig

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you post a link to where you found the Probes from JGE? I gave their site a quick look and could not find Probe connecting rods. All I found were Scats and the JGE brand.

We'll do our best to beat their published price...

Craig
They sell the I-beam on their eBay market.. so I sent a message to know if they can sell me an H-beam set and they response that to me :

Item: PROBE I-BEAM Rods Honda Civic & Crx SOHC D16 or ZC ( 250087156958 )
This message was sent while the listing was active.
engine-dynamics-usa is the Seller.

Hello esdafoo,

Yes we have them in stock PROBE H-beam D16 $235.99, please reply back if you are interested with e-mail address so we can send you a direct invoice form paypal. thank you
Thank you Craig !

·
Registered
258 Posts
They sell the I-beam on their eBay market.. so I sent a message to know if they can sell me an H-beam set and they response that to me :

Thank you Craig !
Ahh, That explains it. Those are the I-Beam rods. They are not the same as the H-Beams. JGE may offer the H-Beams as well, I'm not sure. Just check with them before you buy, and make sure that their rods are using the ARP2000 bolts. If they are, then that's a great price.

It does appear from the pictures, that the JGE rods they are selling are from the same manufacturer we use. We had changes made to the H-Beam rods recently to upgrade to ARP2000s, and reduce the Big End width for better fitment.

Either way, we are out of H-Beams, but can get the exact same I-Beam for you. Just hit us up with an email, and we'll see if we can earn your business.

Craig

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahh, That explains it. Those are the I-Beam rods. They are not the same as the H-Beams. JGE may offer the H-Beams as well, I'm not sure. Just check with them before you buy
Please re-read what I quoted from them ! :)

Item: PROBE I-BEAM Rods Honda Civic & Crx SOHC D16 or ZC ( 250087156958 )
This message was sent while the listing was active.
engine-dynamics-usa is the Seller.

Hello esdafoo,

Yes we have them in stock PROBE H-beam D16 $235.99, please reply back if you are interested with e-mail address so we can send you a direct invoice form paypal. thank you

·
Registered
288 Posts
those are are ching chow meowded rods, it wont make a difference who you buy from, but you should support our sponsors. just make sure you have your machine shop inspect them and balance them before your install. they do well at handling hp.

·
Registered
258 Posts
They have ARP8740 bolts.

Not strong enough for 300whp with a rev limiter set to 8300 ?
Oh no, I bet they'll be strong enough. Those are just the older style of rods, which is why they are able to sell them at the cheaper price. When the new style of those rods came out, the manufacturer bumped the price. That price they gave you on those rods is reasonable, based on what we know they paid for them.

The manufacturer says they will handle up to 500Hp and 7000RPM with the ARP8740s. I'll bet they work just fine for you.

Craig

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thank you Craig.

Do you know when you'll receive an other shipment of H-beam ?
No I don't, we had a lot of trouble getting just 12 sets from the last shipment. The manufacturer brings over a shipping container from China about every six weeks. We'll keep you guys posted as soon as we know something.

We purchased five sets of Vitaras from fjt this time, so we'll be selling Vitara/TT Rod combos whenever the rods finally come in. I would suspect that will happen within the next four weeks.

Craig

1 - 15 of 15 Posts