Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
01 civic ex
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but i am attempting to do a NA build on the D17a2, yeah i know.. any advice from people that have already done this before me, the Good and the bad would be appreciated. tips comments welcome thanks, (possible boost later)

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
but i am attempting to do a NA build on the D17a2, yeah i know.. any advice from people that have already done this before me, the Good and the bad would be appreciated. tips comments welcome thanks, (possible boost later)
All i can say is do research, search here, HT, google, and anywhere else you can think of. Check out the 7th gen section on here too.

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
I cant think of too much that would help you, but obd1 is the best to tune with, so a conversion would be best. Then I would mill the head a decent amount and get a cam from whom ever and what ever size you want. From there its just some research on your part to find out all the details. Gl and I hope this helped point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
525 Posts
From what I've seen the head and intake are the biggest bottle necks. Hmmm you stuck with the head. Dnt know of any after market intake mani yet. Search speefoose. He built a bitchiness 7th gen a while back. I'm sure your gonna find good info in there. Gl with the build

EDIT:just did some searching for ya(rare occasion I was bored) looks like golden eagle makes one(pricey 600 bucks) looks like to would be better for bost. Also I found a couple mentions of people doing a y8 swap. I dnt know the full details but there's an egr channel to tackle(depending on the year) also some just cut the flanges off an welded the y8 runners and plenum on. Hope this helps

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
I cant think of too much that would help you, but obd1 is the best to tune with, so a conversion would be best. Then I would mill the head a decent amount and get a cam from whom ever and what ever size you want. From there its just some research on your part to find out all the details. Gl and I hope this helped point you in the right direction.
you cant run a 7th gen on crome... noob

you will have to get a very costly engine management system. no cheap way around it if you want it done right. and your na gains will def not justify the price you pay for management.

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
you cant run a 7th gen on crome... noob

you will have to get a very costly engine management system. no cheap way around it if you want it done right. and your na gains will def not justify the price you pay for management.
Word, I didnt know if there was a way to convert it to obd1 or not.

·
Registered
01 civic ex
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
your help is apreciated, cost is not really an issue this build is going to take some time i know, i am not in a rush to just throw it together i want it done the right way the first time. so piece by piece it will be built.

·
Registered
In circles.LOL
862 Posts
what if you built a stroker with it?get a z6 engine,harness,and ecu.Put your d17 crank rods and pistons in it.YOu could switch to obd1 then right?Not a management guru but sounds logical.Since you said you have time and money.
there are some writeups on here about the strokers.

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
a stroker sounds nice, but then again, idk anything about the 7th gen's, what is the difference, as in, why can't you convert it to obd1?

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Your better off going K-pro with a 7th gen..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts