Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 civic coupe d16y7
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does anyone know a local store to get satin blk primer? tried autozone,advance, and walkmart.I guess my next stop is summit racing,if none i guess ill try online,most likely ebay.I wanna get duplicolor though,i love there nozzles,but this is just temp till i can get a carbon fiber oem hood in springtime,my hood got messed up and had to fill and sand it.thanks for any info at all!!!

·
Registered
1991 Civic 4 Door
151 Posts
Summit should have it... Just be careful with duplicolor paint...The spray cans are good to use, but there actual paint products are bad news...

·
Registered
96 civic coupe d16y7
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks and yeah im looking 4 only the cans.

·
Registered
96 civic coupe d16y7
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dam summit dosnt carry it,i might have to order online!!!

·
Registered
1991 Civic 4 Door
151 Posts
sorry man I thought summit would have had it... All I am seeing for duplicolor is flat black primer...It might be easier to get gray primer and spray over that with a satin black spray can...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i was unaware that anyone made primer with specific finishes (satin, etc)...why not just get normal primer and then satin black paint? Just hit up home depot imho, I'm not too sure youre going to find what you want in Duplicolor

·
Registered
96 civic coupe d16y7
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i found it,took awhile,also not in duplicolor,but o well !!!!

·
Registered
96 civic coupe d16y7
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and no its not primer,but i called it that anyways bc it always looks like it imo,but i have filled the dents and sanded and primed and now just going to go over it with satin blk.

·
Registered
96 civic coupe d16y7
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what will b great is when i get my cf hood,i can switch back to this hood in the winter time!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts