Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to sell some parts locally and I'm unsure whats fair prices.

I have a 5 speed dx trans with worn out shifter linkage(I never ran it just had as back up). I was thinking $40.?

Also have a T3 turbo from thunderbird coupe .42/.48ar smaller turbo with zero shaft play. I was thinking $50.?

Lastly I have a P2P obd2a ECU. I was thinking $40?

Are these reasonable prices? I listed them up about two weeks ago locally on an import facebook group (import ohio) and can't seem to get any intrest. Am I off on prices?

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
Idk about the turbo, but I'd say its fair.

But we must have inflation down here because the D-series trans usually sells 100-150 in unknown condition.

Ecu is fair, just not much market for it.

Are you posting pics/your #? I hate posting on the thread/FB inbox. I usually just text/call... or ask for the #...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have pictures and descriptions of everything for sale. I can't believe they haven't sold. I figure $40 is pretty much core price for a trans but I feel like its mostly young kids on that page that can't work on cars so they get scared that they can't see it in a car and see how it shifts. I've also had lots comment that its just a Dx trans and its not worth more than scrap metal price since its not an EX trans. And a turbo with zero shaft play for $50....I see ebay turbos selling for more than that. Maybe most feel its too small of turbo idk.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
If it were me, id ask for at least 100 bucks fkr that turbo.

Pics and condition will vary the prices.

·
DIY Guru
96 Ranger-stock
637 Posts
I can not speak on the Honda parts..

If you have the small T3 and not the IHI

it would be from a 83-85 auto trans Tbird, if complete with the exhaust elbow and WGA you are a bit low as long as it is in the condition you say.

It be more helpful if you posted pics.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Why not make a for sale thread here. You have met the post requirements. You'll get far more interest on here.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The turbo is the IHI. I listed them locally at the beginning of the week and the only comments have been lowball offers and people bashing the fact that they are unknown condition because I didn't run them. I may try to sell here I just didn't want to mess with shipping on anything really besides maybe the turbo.

·
DIY Guru
96 Ranger-stock
637 Posts
The IHI is a small turbo for sure... Post it up up on ebay,

It is from the 87/88 TC with top mount IC

I had a pile of them, anything over 14psi on the 2.3SOHC and they die quick

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
People might bitch but in reality how do they know without driving on it?

I wasted time/money on countless parts that were wrong or even bad.

The most recent is an ASR bar that the guy never even knew was fake. I had a feeling it was the second I saw the first pic.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
The turbo is the IHI. I listed them locally at the beginning of the week and the only comments have been lowball offers and people bashing the fact that they are unknown condition because I didn't run them. I may try to sell here I just didn't want to mess with shipping on anything really besides maybe the turbo.
Shoot me some photos of it I may be interested it for rebuild to replace mine.

The IHI is a small turbo for sure... Post it up up on ebay,

It is from the 87/88 TC with top mount IC

I had a pile of them, anything over 14psi on the 2.3SOHC and they die quick
Dont say that I got one on my car now and want to push it to 15ish lbs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
People might bitch but in reality how do they know without driving on it?

I wasted time/money on countless parts that were wrong or even bad.

The most recent is an ASR bar that the guy never even knew was fake. I had a feeling it was the second I saw the first pic.
I understand the unknown condition factor but when I'm only asking core price and then people want to lowball me on that and offer $10-20 for a trans and shift linkage....come on haha.

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
Yea just keep bumping it up. Even Slo is selling at "below market" and people aren't biting.

(This is why cars are so had to invest in) But watch. Hold it for a few months and sell it at tax season for suggested prices. I bet it will fly. Still might have the ecu though... that's a niche buy.

Find a new page to post on IMO. That one seems like it's all kids and BS. Put it this way. Post up Real wheels for 1k+ and they won't sell on that page. But you will get some in the Official Wheel group. I also feel black 4dr door panels @ 900 is way to much. But someone is buying from the Rare Parts page lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts