Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie and would like to know the whole price start to finish on swapping a d15b8 to a z6

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,907 Posts
Z6 motor and tranny in the car and running can be dontle for cheap if you know what your doing. Any hwere from 200-600

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Around here you can get a stock z6 for around 200-300 add 50-100 with trans. I wouldn't pay more than 500 for a swap

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Damn the prices are high in Az for some reason. I got a good deal on mine, as it came with a chassis around it lol. The swap was originally going for 700$ for just the swap. Which is a good price here.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Its cheap to just do the swap. But it does get a bit pricey when you start doing maintenance like timing belt, water pump, clutch, gaskets.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys the cheapest motor I have found is 650 not included the tranny were would be a good place to order one from

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
It depends on the condition and the source. Hmotorsonline has them for $7-800.

I've seen a full swap (trans, wiring harness, motor) all in perfect functioning condition go for $500 from an individual.

Also moved to the n00b section.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,907 Posts
Buy a 94 si parts car for 500-700 dollars take parts needed send rest for scrap. I woudnt buy an imported dseries unless it was twin cam. We have way to many for cheap.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Around my area, swaps are around 550-650. Been watching for them because I have a bunk z6 in my Sol. That's just engine, trans maybe ecu and axles. Also, sitting on the garage floor not in a running car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts