Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking towards getting my car painted this spring and i was wondering about how much it would cost. There is no big dents, just a few the sixe of quarters. Its a 92 Civic LX, and the stock color is code R-75P-3 and i want it to be the Torino Red which i believe is R-72. Not a big difference just more red with with the new color. Does anyone know about what it would cost?

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
It would depend on what quality you wanted! Awhile ago when I was looking into painting my black ej I remember the places had different levels of quality to choose from! :smile:

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want it to be a good paint job. Anything would look better than the chipping paint on my roof and on the wing. I guess what im saying is that i want the mid-level paint job. Like i said...its a color change but not that much different. I just want it to be more of a red than a purpleish color. I dont want to go all out because of the lack of money.

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think ill take it around to a few places tomorrow and see what they quote me. If i have to ill go to Honda and buy the paint. I have a bumper to colormatch from if i wanted to go that route. Thanks Mel and thanks Sqad

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
i took my gf's Avalon to a bodywork place to have a bumper gouge filled and a dent taken out of the rear quarterpanel and door. The Avalon had the 3-stage pearl white paint. They did a DAMN good job for $500. Dent repair and paint all included. This place was really cheesey looking too... but it was in West LA. They usually do semi-rich clients... everybody has a damn BMW or mercedes over there.

So figure that a medium priced paint job (which is what I consider that) will run over $1000. The more prep work you do, the cheaper it will get. Ask them about that... you could take off all the headlights and plastic trim yourself...door handles etc.

I paid $500 at Earl Sheib... (like Maaco) to paint my whole civic with original factory paint. Came out pretty shitty... until I did all the colorsanding myself. Now it looks decent.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
tiny place on wilshire a few blocks from bundy dr.

i can't remember the name but their other specialty is sheepskin seat covers...

for earl sheib.. it was on lincoln, oone block from santa monica blvd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts