Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive been looking for a greddy manifold by itself for a while now. so far, ive seen one for 275(used), 200(bnib), 250(used), 100(used), and 160(used). do these usually go for that much? the one for 200 is iffy because he doesnt want to part it from his ebay gt28r, the one for 100 just backed out...but does 160 sound like an average price?

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Hmm...and for those who live in California, where the sun is warm and the CARB'll scorn ya?

I'm eventually getting back to Cali and a Greddy turbo kit is supposedly the only CARB approved kit in California, the manifold being one of the key pieces (CARB stamp).

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Does it come with a CARB stamp? When cops pop your hood that's what they look for, at least in Orange County they were pretty bad. I can only imagine what it's like now. No tracks and more ricers...:sadface:

·
Shoot me!
6,890 Posts
Does it come with a CARB stamp? When cops pop your hood that's what they look for, at least in Orange County they were pretty bad. I can only imagine what it's like now. No tracks and more ricers...:sadface:
I have a greddy manifold right in front of me that i bought new with there 19t kit for the 96-00civic. Nothing came with carb stickers or stamps.
For the op i've seen them sell from $60 to $250. I wouldnt pay more than $100 for one.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Wow...I've been lied to. Again.

My bad, someone who I respected until a minute ago told me that the downpipe and manifold were stamped and cops look for it. I naturally assumed it was the same as my DC Sports header and AEM CAI, which both have CARB stamps.

So, the question remains, since you're in the know, how do cops identify your turbo kit and judge whether it's legal or not?

Thread Op: I don't mean to thread-jack, but the questions are in line with your concern for CARB legal parts.

·
Shoot me!
6,890 Posts
Wow...I've been lied to. Again.

My bad, someone who I respected until a minute ago told me that the downpipe and manifold were stamped and cops look for it. I naturally assumed it was the same as my DC Sports header and AEM CAI, which both have CARB stamps.

So, the question remains, since you're in the know, how do cops identify your turbo kit and judge whether it's legal or not?

Thread Op: I don't mean to thread-jack, but the questions are in line with your concern for CARB legal parts.
I'm only speaking from my experience The manni dp and turbo dont have a carb stamp on it. I know tags exist cause i have them but bought them off someone on the site. Dont know how they match them up. Heres a pic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts