Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get my electronic components all squared away before i order my turbo stuff. i know i need to run a chipped p28 with a conversion harness. But will this one work?

Phearable.net - Phearable Ecus - Chipped Obd1 Vtec Ecu

also ive been looking around and all the s300 chipped p28 seem to be going for around 670-700$ is that what i should expect to pay for a chipped ecu? sorry im kinda new to this but ive looked around alot lmk thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Finally I'm glad an upper level person in the community agrees that neptune is better than s300..... been saying this for months now!!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome guys thanks alot. Ill be researching more and looking into the neptune. Now after i get this ecu and chipped with the neptune chip/tuning software ill need some one to tune it correct. I couldnt make the adjustments myself? ive never done it. is it hard or should i just go to a shop? If i go to a shop what do you think it would run to get tuned. thanks a bunch!

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
a dyno tune can be anywhere from $100-300 hour and usually your at least two hours on the dyno, what you want to do is when you order the ecu ask for a basemap with the turbo size you will use and then run the car on that for a little to check for leaks and stuff like that. i drove my car for one week on a basemap and had no problems besides a check engine for a fuel injector which was my fault (way i made my adapter harness). i had everything squared away then drove 3.5 hours to the dyno and my guy charged $160 an hour and i was on the dyno for about 4 hours.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I haven't used any tuning software but I have heard Neptune being better then Hondata.
I wouldn't really say one is better then the other, both have pros and cons . It really depends on user preference, plus there is a lot of background history with hondata ( why a few people dislike them )

·
Registered
8 Posts
I saw that one on there also. I am a bit paranoid, would rather spend more for something I know will work. Buy the way look forward to seeing your car around town!

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
I just sold my s300 v2 for $400 shipped and installed. If you know how to install (solder/desolder) it a brand new s300 v3 is only $490

If you need the ecu you can convert a p06 to vtec for less than a p28 costs.

Also bluetooth built in vs addon with neptune is awesome when coupled with a windows tablet :)

Does neptune have a smartphone app for viewing engine parameters and checking/clearing DTC's?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
a dyno tune can be anywhere from $100-300 hour and usually your at least two hours on the dyno, what you want to do is when you order the ecu ask for a basemap with the turbo size you will use and then run the car on that for a little to check for leaks and stuff like that. i drove my car for one week on a basemap and had no problems besides a check engine for a fuel injector which was my fault (way i made my adapter harness). i had everything squared away then drove 3.5 hours to the dyno and my guy charged $160 an hour and i was on the dyno for about 4 hours.
im running a chipped P06 with added vtec circuits.

dude around the way street tuned my car for $150 been running it for a year and the car runs great....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts