Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 4 DOOR
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is just a post of my d15b7 turbo build.
I found some Hungarian rods that "laszlo" makes. I'm sorry if I spelled his name wrong. Vitara pistons. Acl or King bearings. I don't remeber. lol. OE water pump,oil pump gaskets things like that. The head work is Ferrera Springs and retainers. Eagle valves standard size. Delta 272-2 cam. The goal is 400whp. I still need to buy an I take manifold. My goal is to run 6.80s in the 1/8 mile. This is the beater it's going in.

Attachments

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Good luck. I have had bad luck with my D15B2 build.

After checking and double checking everything, I am left blaming the crank for being too flimsy to support over 250whp. Ive done so many D series builds for myself and close friends, and even MORE since I started working at a speed shop but this D15 will not co-operate and make good power without knocking and running basically zero timing.

I am going to be watching closely, please keep us up to date! I hope it does work for you then I will have to figure out my issue.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Are those rods OEM length or "custom" length? If they're OEM length, your compression ratio is gonna suck with the vitara pistons.

·
Premium Member
93 4 DOOR
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will keep this thread updated. I ordered an Eldelbrock Performer X manifold today. That is the last of the big money parts. Now I just need to finish assy. Then tune. Im very excited but also CRAZY nervous. Ive heard of the weak crank issue. I try not to think about it to much. lol.

·
Premium Member
93 4 DOOR
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*UPDATE. My delta 272-2 cam came in today. I went with the Edelbrock Intake manifold. Im still waiting for it to arrive.

·
Premium Member
93 4 DOOR
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a t04e. Ive come to realize my power goal may be a little high for this turbo. Im thinking 325hwp. I also may change turboes before im done. I would rather have a better power band than just peak power.

·
Premium Member
93 4 DOOR
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its been awhile since my last update. I got the motor tuned Friday. I ended up not finishing my flex fuel set up. I have most of the parts tho. that the only thing that really changed. The car ended up making 306whp and 255wtq on around 17psi. This is on an ebay turbo and cast manifold. I figure this is solid #s for now. the plane is now to get a better turbo and manifold. Finish my Flex fuel set up. Then during the summer try to make high 300's or low 400's if we can. So the 1.5 held up great!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Its been awhile since my last update. I got the motor tuned Friday. I ended up not finishing my flex fuel set up. I have most of the parts tho. that the only thing that really changed. The car ended up making 306whp and 255wtq on around 17psi. This is on an ebay turbo and cast manifold. I figure this is solid #s for now. the plane is now to get a better turbo and manifold. Finish my Flex fuel set up. Then during the summer try to make high 300's or low 400's if we can. So the 1.5 held up great!
Not bad, any pic's or vids?

·
Premium Member
93 4 DOOR
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im waiting on my dyno sheet to be emailed to me. If i can get this phone to work ill have yall a couple of videos. lol

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Wow! Nicely done ... that's about the numbers I was shooting for on my stroked d16 build.

·
Registered
Integra DB9, Accord Type R
432 Posts
Impressive stuff (for a novice like me).
It'll be interesting to see how reliable it turns out to be.

·
Premium Member
93 4 DOOR
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks yall. BeerDrinkin im going to leave it as it is for now. I may go with the front end black. Im going to move the piping around ,so i can fit my stock front bumper on it.

·
Premium Member
93 4 DOOR
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its raining here in my area now. I hoping to have yall some videos by this weekend of some runs. Im still trying to figure out my phone for the dyno run.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts