Honda D Series Forum banner

Preicision 6262

9K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  kingyeddi 
#1 ·
I need to see a precision 6262 compressor map, and google only pops up Garret gt25blahblah maps. Is there a compressor map database somewhere? If not will someone be so kind and post up a map? None of the maps I've looked at suit my needs

#2 ·
"Although Precision and Forced Performance do not release / have compressor maps, is it safe to say that these turbos that "like higher PR" simply do not flow very much lb/min at lower PR (2.0-3.0 like we typically run) and thus don't seem to generate the power they "should," given the hype?"(MIKEE36, Bimmerforums.com)

I searched for a while looking for the compressor map for you, and according to the guys qoute above, i began to think that precision didn't release their compressor maps. but i dunno, I don't know alot about the turbo world, just tryin to help you, if that helps.

#27 ·
My z6 made 390@11psi. It'll definitely hit your goals. But I think it won't quite have the response you are looking for, and will lag more than desired. Especially revving so low.

And that kinda power, the second it builds boost, all I do is burnouts. Unless its a freeway pull above 60mph.

#7 ·
Once a year we shut down traffic on the mountain here, and a race is held from the base to the visitor center at the peak. It's 17 miles of straight stretches, twist, turns, and s curves. It's called the rod run. There's a festival for it and everything. And I wanna place first. I've already got the suspension I want planned out, but I'm having a hard time finding a turbo that's going to get the 400whp and withstand the beating it's going to get, while still being dd status.

#30 ·
once a year we shut down traffic on the mountain here, and a race is held from the base to the visitor center at the peak. It's 17 miles of straight stretches, twist, turns, and s curves. It's called the rod run. There's a festival for it and everything. And i wanna place first. I've already got the suspension i want planned out, but i'm having a hard time finding a turbo that's going to get the 400whp and withstand the beating it's going to get, while still being dd status.
hell yes!

#8 ·
my vitara build hit 420whp on 22psi on a non billet 6262
id say that is half of the efficency of that turbo.

#10 ·
i only have a chart for my 475whp pull but il post is up.
was on a vitara bottom end. std length rods. comp 59500 cam P&P head.

#11 ·
this was with the .82 exhaust housing. and topmount mani.
so with the smaller housing and different manifold. it would have a better spool time.

Reactions: baajaa
#13 ·
yeah i agree. im sure with a bit higher comression and a different manifold with the smaller housing it will spool like you want it too. also getting a billet wheel one will help also.
id say id sell you my 6262 but i dont think it will suit you as well as a billet wheel and .63 housing would

#16 ·
I plan on being in the 5500-7400+ range about 75% of the race. I've drivin up and down the mountain every day at least once since I move here in 09. Minus the days since I hydro locked my engine, and the 10-12 days of down time when I blew my last two up being a teenager.

#15 ·
It wouldn't be that big of a deal if I wasn't anal about keeping the stock rev limit for reliabilitys sake.. At most I'm going to 8k.

Also, I thought the top mounts gave a quicker spool time.. Is it just a show piece or does it have some form of binifit? I plan on using a cast Mani anyway, but for curiosity's sake.

A compressor map will still get someone rep.

#19 ·
my intake temps never made it over 100 on the tunning day. good fmic will take care of that.
as far as stock rev limit idk how well that will work. as you can see mine didnt make peak power till 8400.
and from what i know about topmounts is that they help make good top end power. so just like everything. you loose something to gain something else. so the low end isnt that great. im sure with a mini ram or even a log manifold it would spool much faster. since it has shorter runners to the turbo in which the exhaust wouldnt loose as much heat. hotter exhaust moves faster for better spool. cold exhaust moves slow.

#21 ·
im sure they would rise. but a good quality fmic will help a ton. an fmic shot would also be an option too.
what fuel are you planning on running?
if you have e85 that burns a bit cooler so that can help a bit.

#31 ·
jet fuel is like kerosene and diesel fuel. on the other hand, avgas aviation fuel can come in like 100 low lead, maybe 101 low lead..you can actually run the aviation fuel, i've fueled up a toyota supra and other cars with aviation fuel never with jet fuel...i dunno how the low lead will treat your spark plugs though,foul them out after a while?

#26 ·
Honestly, no. But I still want to hit it. It's one of those personal goals I've had the past few years, but was never confident I could reliably hit it until now. The main goal is a ridiculously fun dd, the second is winning.

There's a few really long straight stretches that have a minimal "bow" to them, that's when I actually need the high power. And some of the s curves I can get away with practically driving straight threw.

@ sexysweed, il look in to that. It was my understanding that the cast Mani was the most reliable Mani available, and tubular ones cracked

#32 · (Edited)
For what you are trying to do I would go with either a stage 3 turbine our a stage 5. The turbine and exhaust housing AR are going to be more indicative of spool then the comp. If you are budget minded there are other options like the 60-1 that is basically a precision sc58. The 60-1 with a stage 3 and .63 will spool fairly decent and should give you 10psi by 4500. I know my buddy made 412whp at 12psi with one on a b18.

For your heat concern I would go with a exhaust wrap and a water spray on the intercooler. If you can acquire a junk hood I would buy one and make some decent sized cut outs towards the back where it will not effect drag as much. Basically a hood just for this race that will allow under hood heat to be expelled with ease and not be bottled up.

Also the comp map shows you nothing that would indicate what type of response you would get. You need a turbine map and a way too calculate exhaust housing pressure to get that type of calculation.

Are you just after 400whp or are you looking for more? Why do you want a turbo that is in 75% range? To get the HP you are after and to be in that range will not yield the spool you are after. Your trying to have your cake and eat it to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.