Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know where to find one can't find it on google or eBay do they even sell these or am I going to have try and find used one on the store?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
You looking for one per made? Moroso makes one I think but it has extra capacity and I believe the fittings are already wielded in as well.

·
Registered
681 Posts
They have two different models a stock capacity and a 5 quart model both are baffled the higher capacity one uses a more intricate baffle system using trap doors but requires a special oil pickup one of the site sponsors go-autoworks carries the stock capacity pan for 179.99 but it is listed out of stock so you would need to contact them to see when they might have them again

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
is there not anyone in your area who can weld? you would prob have better luck buying a bung and getting it welded on in the exact location you need it.

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
When I have been desperate, I've soldered on copper tubing. Works fine, but brazing would be even better.

Bulkhead fittings are the easiest way to not screw up a pan.

Any aftermarket pan is likely to have fitment issues.

·
Registered
347 Posts
There are a couple pre fab oil pans out there, but i think they are geared towards the z6 blocks, so if you have a y7/y8 your sol. Also i have read numerous posts about the aftermarket pans leaking, i would just stick with an oem pan. I just had a -10AN fitting welded into my pan for a few $'s, just mock up your turbo on your build, and see about where the drain line will hook in and mark the spot, drop it off at a shop and bam! Fits like a charm :) Going pre fab will leave you stuck using their location, which may interfere with your downpipe/dump/drain line length & angle ect...

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
I got a pan for sal.... oh wait, nevermind.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok I'll have to go to junkyard I don't have ac and while im there I may pick up a turbo off of a 84 Chrysler lebaron turbo the turbo is a stock t03 or something like that should I snag it

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I drilled a hole, ordered a 10AN male threaded fitting and had it welded to mine. Got a cap and a push-lock fitting so I can either have my drain hose or cap it off before turbo goes on. Find a good muffler guy, that's what I did, and he didn't even charge me.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Unfortunately the Z6/A6 Moroso steel pan is still on backorder.

We do weld pans for customers if you dont have a reliable local shop. Ckean the pan, mark it, and send it in. We turn them around usually within 24 hours.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Simple method - buy t3 oil drain fitting (the type that bolts to the bottom of the turbo), drill 3 holes to match it on your oil pan. Insert bolts from the inside of the pan, use lock nuts on the outside.

To avoid leaks, use rubber-covered washers on the inside (the kind from any real hardware store), and use a lot of silicone RTV on the outside. Even w/o the washers (RTV forced around the bolt threads), there's little to no leaks.

In the future I'm going to be brazing NPT bungs on my pans. They're actually hex caps, since they're cheaper and have more material on the end. I can tilt them by cutting the cap off at an angle.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Why do you need an aftermarket pan? What will you be using the car for?

I road race and I'm using a y8 pan simply because of the baffles/cooling fins. No starvation during heavy cornering and the oil temps stay nice and low. That said I'm using an oil cooler.

Moroso makes a nice pan but it's pretty pricy compared to how cheap you can get a y8 pan at a junkyard or online. Just weld an A/N fitting to that bad boy.

*Insert obligatory JB Weld joke here.*

·
Registered
982 Posts
nope. drill 3 holes, (2 outer screws, and for the actual oil drain in the middle). Clean up all the shavings from the drilling. Install with o-ring, and your done. oil pan should be off when you do this for proper clean up of shavings.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Lol noob question but im guessing i just take that -10an and just bolt it were the oil drain plug is?
No the oil drain is on the back of the pan. You want to drill out the spot on the front of the pan for your fitting, you know... right under where the turbo will be. I woud also advise you have it welded/brazed in rather than just bolting it to the pan.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts