Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I am even thinking about using it but I bought a SC60 and rebuilt it. Garrett says they will work on 2.0 liters and I know I have seen on other turbos rated for 2.0 liters used on 1.6 liter motors.

They are rated at 600whp so I am curious if anyone has ever used one and if so what was the results? Thanks

Note: Mine is a journal bearing turbo.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
I can think of two people right now off the top of my head that are using SC62s with great results at the drag strip.

Don't expect a killer low or midrange.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
the sc60 will work just fine, it is deff more of a upper level-mid range to top end turbo for sure, but it will work just fine.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
There's the key question, what is your desired power level? What do you actually plan to do with the car?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it is 89 hatch. Its rough but no rust. This is my first honda build. I'm coming from a toyota AE86 turbo'd with a gt2560r. Its my daily because the trans will not hold the power. I have other turbo options but am thinking about stripping this ride and make it strictly a track car. Have to be D though.

I would like to make a cheap but fun car. What type of hp can be safely made on vitaras and a decent forged rod? Most likely cammed and aiming for 8k. Ideally would like spool to stay around 3500 and be full tilt by 5500.

I would really like 11s.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,716 Posts
Well it is 89 hatch. Its rough but no rust. This is my first honda build. I'm coming from a toyota AE86 turbo'd with a gt2560r. Its my daily because the trans will not hold the power. I have other turbo options but am thinking about stripping this ride and make it strictly a track car. Have to be D though.

I would like to make a cheap but fun car. What type of hp can be safely made on vitaras and a decent forged rod? Most likely cammed and aiming for 8k. Ideally would like spool to stay around 3500 and be full tilt by 5500.

I would really like 11s.
You could get a smaller turbo if your goal is 11s in the 1/4, so you have a quicker spool. You would probably just need 350WHP-400WHP, and many people have done that easily.

·
Registered
same
1,624 Posts
a better question would be how high do you plan on making power?

if you are keeping the revs below 8000rpm i would use another turbo, it will spool pretty late and you'll loose alot of boost during shifts at lower rpm.

11s in an EF can be done with ALOT smaller turbo, and you'll have alot more fun driving on the street.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
For 11s, you can get yourself something MUCH smaller...especially if you gut the hatch. A 50 trim would be a good alternative.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts