Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does anyone think about this turbo 48 AR.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Well it is a good turbo. However at that cost you can get a lot better deal on the same turbo with a different name. Precision just rebadges Garrett turbo's and calls them their own. Everything in that turbo is Garrett. You can get it elsewhere for a lot cheaper.

If you need to know where PM me and I will help you out.

If you referring to its size instead of it specifically it is a great turbo depending on your goals and the cars purpose. Let us know what type of hp you plan on making and we can help you further. Also include other modifications and whant not.

If you are only looking for 250whp and daily driving there are a lot better turbos out there. If you are looking for $500+whp and track only then it in no way is for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i got the FULL speed factory turbo kit so it came with it.. i want to do a decent number pistons and rods, for now 4 bar map good tune with precision 650cc injrctors i have no idea what power these will max at. i am looking at buyin the zex cam what you think everything else i got KMS block guard as well

·
Registered
764 Posts
I am just really a turbo guy and still I don't know everything about them. I don't know much about Hondas (own a Toyota but have 89 hatch I am about to start work on). It sounds good though and that turbo is a quality piece.

It will be good for plenty of power but may not be the best spooler.

With turbos you give some here to gain more there. If you want spool then you give up top end. If you want top end you give up spool. You just have to find a happy medium.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah im sure it will be fine.. you like toyotas too? i am actually a b tech at my toyota dealer ship

1 - 5 of 5 Posts