Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone is running a 5454E CEA or 5431E CEA turbo on their setup currently? I've done some looking and haven't been able to find any dyno graphs or reviews from guys running a D16 setup with either of these turbos. Just curious you might say.

Saw a vitara Z6 setup on the dyno with a stock head on a 5431B and it was quite lack luster to say the least. The turbo didn't want to spool up and the numbers weren't impressive at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, thanks for the input. I know how to read compressor maps, but Precision doesn't provide compressor maps.

They're relatively new turbos, didn't figure there's many people running them yet. Probably just going to go with a Bullseye Power and not take the risk.

·
Registered
93 Camaro (backup)
491 Posts
I had a 5431b on my z6 and although I didn't get it dyno'd I will say it did seem a little "lack luster" but it was only on 10psi. I would imagine it comes alive with a little more boost. As for the e's I haven't had experience with them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, found the answer to my own inquiry. Y8 with 9:1 pistons, Eagle rods, stock head/cam and a 5454E turbo. Didn't see full boost until 6,100RPMs. Ouch.

·
Registered
764 Posts
With precision turbos the first number represents the compressor inducer size and (54mm) and the second represents the turbine size. The 31 uses the stage 3 T3 turbine. If I am not mistaken the 54 represents the stage 5. The 54mm is a a T4 50 trim compressor. If you want to compare similar builds I would look for builds that use these turbos.

You can aid in spool by getting a smaller exhaust AR as well.

What type of powerband are you wanting and what type of horsepower? They also make a 5427 and that uses the stage 2 turbine which will help with spool but will limit overall top end.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is a turbo? How does it work? Do I have to remove my Isuzu muffler bearings to install it?

Although I'm a "n00b" to DSO, this isn't new to me. Your knowledge is appreciated, but I already understand that. Just looking for some real world numbers on these specific turbos since the CEA wheels are supposed to be the new big thing from Precision.

They're relatively cheap, just wanted to see how they compare with similar turbos on the market.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
What is a turbo? How does it work? Do I have to remove my Isuzu muffler bearings to install it?

Although I'm a "n00b" to DSO, this isn't new to me. Your knowledge is appreciated, but I already understand that. Just looking for some real world numbers on these specific turbos since the CEA wheels are supposed to be the new big thing from Precision.

They're relatively cheap, just wanted to see how they compare with similar turbos on the market.

Well since you already know then why ask??? The fact is your question has been answered. If you want to know how they will react then research similar turbos to what you are considering. People have used the T04E 50 trim since turbo'n has been option. There is more then plenty data on these and they compare perfectly.

Another suggestion. Just because it is the newer turbo line means jack shit. The compressor's are the same as old the T04E 50 trims. Nothing has changed except the name. Turbo manufactures have been doing this for some time. The SC6256 is nothing more then T4 62-1 with a stage 5 turbine. Garrett has done this as well. Several of the GT turbos use the exact same compressors and compressor covers. Hell they even share the same exhaust housings. I could go on and on about how these manufacturers have slapped a new name on the same old product but I am guessing you already know this as well. Just a shame you can not put 2 and 2 together. :rofc:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, seems like someone knows how to Google. I'm proud of you. I wish I didn't have a life and tried to fit in somewhere and make people feel stupid because no one likes me. Congratulations, you're leading one great life.

When did I ask what the numbers from these turbos meant? When did I ask which turbo would spool faster or how I could make it spool faster? When did I ask for your opinion? Oh, I didn't. You just made an ass of yourself because you've got nothing better to do with your life. Good job. :TU:

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
Wow, seems like someone knows how to Google. I'm proud of you. I wish I didn't have a life and tried to fit in somewhere and make people feel stupid because no one likes me. Congratulations, you're leading one great life.

When did I ask what the numbers from these turbos meant? When did I ask which turbo would spool faster or how I could make it spool faster? When did I ask for your opinion? Oh, I didn't. You just made an ass of yourself because you've got nothing better to do with your life. Good job. :TU:
No, you're making an ass of yourself here....

And If you researched any of Mhamricks threads you would know that information wasnt pulled from google....

But please, keep going, I wanna see how many more people you shit on for trying to give you information, that you are apparently already going to know.

GFY:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts

Dude chill.:taz: Not a good way to start out on DSO. :sign4: you're still in n00b status he answered your question tailored for a n00b and you didn't like what he had to say. Just relax before someone drops a neg rep for your attitude.

·
Registered
764 Posts

First off you punk _$$ noob I have rebuilt more turbos then you can wrap your lil noob head around and am a certified machinist. You act like you "know" so much but it is obvious that you don't. If you did know then what is the point of asking??? Hmmm..... It would seem that I do know what 2 plus 2 is.

You never asked what the numbers meant but had you actually known what they meant then you would be able to have answered your own question. Since you did not answer your own question I did. Sorry I did not mean to get you all but hurt. I can get some A&D ointment from my 6 month old and will send it to you to sooth your pain.

Me make an ass of myself??? I hardly think that is the situation. I answered you noob question that you asked. If you don't like other opinions then don't ask for them.

Quote:

Wondering if anyone is running a 5454E CEA or 5431E CEA turbo on their setup currently? I've done some looking and haven't been able to find any dyno graphs or reviews from guys running a D16 setup with either of these turbos. Just curious you might say.

Saw a vitara Z6 setup on the dyno with a stock head on a 5431B and it was quite lack luster to say the least. The turbo didn't want to spool up and the numbers weren't impressive at all.

Maybe your curiousity is better suited for same sex interest. That way you can get your but accustomed to the pain you are obviously going to encounter when you ask questions and don't like the answer you are going to get. Or better yet next time just use Google and don't waste bandwidth with your boo hooing.

Just for you (I will let you guess which emoticon you are):

:bukkake:

OH and incase you missed it just one more time. The turbos that these are based off like the T3T4 50 trim with stage 3 turbine or stage 5 turbine have been used since forever. The stage 3 turbine is more common and will have better spool characteristics and the stage 5 will have better top end. You can compare a dyno from ANY T3T4 50 trim and they will give you a good idea. Search for those as I am sure there is a lot of people that have used them.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I must say. this is just beautiful.

Soo let me get this right. you ask the forum members for assistance, bitch about their curious answers, and to top it off, completely write them off as un-knowledgeable tools, the same "tools" you just asked for assistance.... wow

but oh no, of course he is right, its the "Internet" that got it wrong.

you know, i never post much, on any of the forums I regular. i search if i have questions, and spectate fun threads and builds when i'm curious. but this! this even drove me out from under my little rock. what a F++Kwad. My apologies to the world for his incompetence.

also to "mhamrick" day = made! thanks for the smiles bro ^_^ !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I must say I find it intriguing that imbeciles with feeble minds have no better way to insult someone over the internet than to reference them to a homosexual. Now that shows an abundance of thought and intellect.

Get a life or end it already. Its obvious you have too much time on your hands and it's an utter failure already.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I must say I find it intriguing that imbeciles with feeble minds have no better way to insult someone over the internet than to reference them to a homosexual. Now that shows an abundance of thought and intellect.

Get a life or end it already. Its obvious you have too much time on your hands and it's an utter failure already.
I never refered to you as homo but I find it intrigueing that is how you took it (probably in more then one way). Maybe something in your self concious?

The fact is after you have asked a question that directly asked for members opinions and then it was answered appropiately you got BUTT HURT. I am simply advising that maybe you bare your sweetness at an all night rave so the next time you don't like the answer you have been given it will not sting so much. I find that thoughtful.

OH and nice try sidestepping the fact at hand. Your question was answered appropiately and the fact is you try to play as if you have this plethora of turbo knowledge yet you ask a question that you insist that you know the answer too. I think the problem is you are now realising how simple the answer is and you are trying to redirect the fact that you feel like a douche bag on someone else. Sorry sucker, not me.

But seriously let me know an addy so I can get this A&D out to you. Hell I will make it a complete care package and throw in some Monistat for your broken Va-Jay-Jay and an assorted box of tampons. Maybe that time of the month came early for you?

OH and my post count is not that high compared to the majority on this site. I can't wait till you run into them. Seriously there is 4 other member in this thread alone that has a higher post count them me. Quantify that for us?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts