Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting the 6262 to get to my goal of 600hp. It comes with choices with of the flanges. Is there any advantages to certain flanges? I have a t3 5 bolt exhuast / 3" downpipe now. Would it make any difference if i switched over to the 4 bolt and t3?

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
No, the outlet size and a/r is the same as far as options go. 5 bolt goes up to .63, 4 bolt/vband goes up to .82.
If you already have a setup made for 5 bol then out of simplicity the 5 bolt housing would be recommended (if you are using a .63 housing option)

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
correct me if im wrong but the bigger exhaust housing will help make more power up top but will also slow spool down.
i had a 6262 with the .82 exhaust and spool came in late but made peak power at 8400. at 28psi. but was also on a super low compression vitara setup.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
The only reason to change from the 5-bolt is for ease of removal, if you wanna go for the V-band. I rocked a 5-bolt on a Full-Race DP and never have any issues. Just used spring washers on it to help it stay where it was put.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I noticed that the 5 bolt exhaust is only a 2 1/2" hole. Wouln't a 3" exhaust be pointless then? I'm confused. And another question, if I switch to a 4 bolt from my 5 bolt, since the exhaust a/r is bigger, would I have a better chance hitting my 600hp goal with that?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Okay, I noticed that the 5 bolt exhaust is only a 2 1/2" hole. Wouln't a 3" exhaust be pointless then? I'm confused. And another question, if I switch to a 4 bolt from my 5 bolt, since the exhaust a/r is bigger, would I have a better chance hitting my 600hp goal with that?
600hp is not a easy goal to hit even with baller parts. As it stands im at 500hp at 30psi from my Hx-35, full boost around 4800rpm.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am getting the 6262 to get to my goal of 600hp. It comes with choices with of the flanges. Is there any advantages to certain flanges? I have a t3 5 bolt exhuast / 3" downpipe now. Would it make any difference if i switched over to the 4 bolt and t3?
just housing max sizes. .63 AR 5 bolt is going to be almost impossible to hit 600HP on I think.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Im 95% the inside diameter of the 6262 vband hole is 2.5", the outside of the flange is 3"

The 3" right off the turbo will flow better than the 2.5"

My buddy just welded a 3" pipe to the flange and it looks and flows great.

Yes you would, personally I would go with an .82 ar hot side.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You will lose midrange torque by going to the 0.82 A/R but gain a little top end power.

I don't have any first hand experience on a D but on a 2.0L, the 0.82 spooled 800 RPM later- this was on the NON GT housing however.

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
You will lose midrange torque by going to the 0.82 A/R but gain a little top end power.

I don't have any first hand experience on a D but on a 2.0L, the 0.82 spooled 800 RPM later- this was on the NON GT housing however.
hes not going to have any mid range with a 62mm turbo on a SOHC D.

if someone was using this turbo on a D series street car, its for numbers and show only.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Okay, thanks for the help guys. It looks like I'm getting rid of my 5 bolt then. Which would be better? The v-band or the 4 bolt?
Vband from what I have seen are usually only on big housings. Maybe 4 bolt is better? Just look at the housing you want and then see what kind of fittings/flange it has and go from there.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Neither is "better"...its preference at the point when your looking at the same a/r housing. You can bolt the downpipe on or clamp it on.

The PTE T3 vband flange is not a true 3" vband flange.

I agree, your low end, midrangewill suffer tremendously. If this is a street car, I'd suggest other turbos for the sake of power ban and drivability.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Neither is "better"...its preference at the point when your looking at the same a/r housing. You can bolt the downpipe on or clamp it on.

The PTE T3 vband flange is not a true 3" vband flange.

I agree, your low end, midrangewill suffer tremendously. If this is a street car, I'd suggest other turbos for the sake of power ban and drivability.
Okay, thanks. This is a street car, but this is my "have fun on weekends" car. I'm not worried about low or mid power. I want top end, and lots of it. This is why I want the 6262. Can you guys suggest a better turbo for 600hp? This is something my disco potato will not do. :honda:

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I think a setup that can maintain the most torque throught the broadest rpm range would be the most fun. I would imagine 600hp on a d would be like a slingshot. Even putting half of that power down on the street is a challenge.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Okay, thanks. This is a street car, but this is my "have fun on weekends" car. I'm not worried about low or mid power. I want top end, and lots of it. This is why I want the 6262. Can you guys suggest a better turbo for 600hp? This is something my disco potato will not do. :honda:
If top end is the only concern then stick with the 6262.

If you'd like to go over scenarios of turbo selection why's and why nots, feel free to call us (I'd just hate to sit and type it all out)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts