Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Eg civic
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curios if any of you folks have had luck with the 58/58 JB? I have one on my Built z6 with a Go-Autoworks mini ram. I'm currently waiting for my KLM top mount to be made and was also curious if the top mount will be laggy or will help it flow better? Currently I'm at full boost around 4,200 rpm.

·
Registered
A Captiva Blue Si Ha
73 Posts
I am thinking that changes in the turbo manifold should not change the rpm at which you make a certain psi, as no matter what you do with the manifold the engine will always pump the same amount of air through, based on its bore x stroke, cam shaft specs and volumetric efficiency (unless a certain turbo manifold is so restrictive that it is hurting volumetric efficiency, which it should not be at 4000 rpms). But, turbo manifold design changes could effect the response of the system, as you are changing the length and volume of the manifold for which the exhaust gases must fill and travel through, before they can enter the and pressurize turbine.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Seems to be you're right where you should be. The top mount might inch up the full boost mark slightly, but it'll breathe much better in the top-end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts